- Hands On Administrative role – supporting variety of HR and Payroll related transactions
- Flexible work arrangements can be accommodated
- Location, Parramatta – Permanent Position.
- $97,606.43 salary + super
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about caring for the environment and making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The purpose of the position is to create a seamless onboarding experience for team members joining Sydney Water, and to support the smooth transition for employees exiting the organisation.
Reporting to the Team Manager People Services, this position will be coordinating all administration for the commencement of new starters and be engaged in varying activities throughout the employees cycle with the business.
In this role you shall be responsible for all related administration duties including the creating of employment letters and contracts, the initiation of employee onboarding administration, the creation of employee files and required data entry for payroll purposes, booking new starter induction, the processing of recruitment related invoicing, payroll scheduling of contractor and agency hire staff, coordinating exit administration, as well as administrating notifications throughout the probationary process.
- You are motivated by a hand on administrative position allowing you to demonstrate your knowledge and experience of HR and Payroll related policy and procedures.
- You are an experienced Administrator with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- You are a proven people person with the ability to build and maintain positive and productive professional relationships to support the program deliverables.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen and strong attention to detail.
- You have a proven strong sense of urgency and the ability to accurately process a variety of transactions against defined timelines.
To be considered for this position you will demonstrate to Qualifications, Experience and skills as outlined in the Job Description. In addition, you will demonstrate:
- Excellent customer engagement and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a medium to large sized payroll
- Knowledge and experience of HR and Payroll related new hire procedure and policy
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing development and digital marketing campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As part of your application you will be required to upload a cover letter addressing the About You section of this role. Please ensure that your cover letter is no longer than 2 single pages in length.
Closing date: 28 November 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.