- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Drive environmental and sustainability performance of major projects.
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The environmental lead will be accountable for assurance of the environmental and sustainability aspects of assigned major projects through the delivery phase of the project lifecycle. Ensuring Special Purpose Delivery Consortia compliance, productivity, project Key Performance Indicators and Major Projects goal expectations are met. Providing environmental advice and leadership to multi-discipline teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide environmental professional, technical and specialist advice.
- Liaise with relevant authorities in respect to Environmental issues.
- Assist in the implementation of the Sydney Water Environmental Management system, policies and procedures.
- Identify, develop and deliver environmental training awareness and educational programs.
- Implement appropriate statistical methodologies and environment tools to monitor and improve project and business performance
- Provide environmental advice on procurement strategies and review tender submissions.
- Analyse and report on environmental compliance and performance of major projects
- Conduct site inspections and internal audits ensuring OFI and /or non-conformances are understood and corrective/preventative actions are completed.
- Conduct surveillance of projects according to the environmental risk profile and project CEMP and Environmental Work Method Statements.
- Participate in PIRs, (Post Evaluation Reviews, Lessons Learnt Review and Benefits Realisation Reviews) of specific projects to ensure continual improvement.
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Environment Engineering or related field, or experience deemed equivalent 10+ years’ work experience in a similar role within a similar industry
- Auditing qualifications
- Exposure to working with field-based teams to implement management systems and achieve goals
- Exposure to construction projects
- Current knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Exposure to State Significant Infrastructure projects would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to develop and embed improvements in work methods across a program of works
Closing date: 31st October, 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.