Business Process Improvement Lead
- Drive transformation, deliver measurable process improvements, and uplift process maturity across Sydney water
- Competitive Salary Package + Excellent benefits
- Full-time 6 month contract – Potential to extend
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role:
The Process Improvement Delivery Team exists to bring process improvement rigor, methods, & tools to strategic priority areas and process improvements initiatives (enterprise to more localized) across Sydney Water, as well as educating the organisation in the philosophy and practice of Continuous Improvement. The purpose of this lead role is to drive transformation, deliver process improvements, and support uplift of process maturity and Continuous Improvement across Sydney water using innovative Continuous Improvement methods. Ultimately, this role will deliver measurable improvements, resulting in better systems integration, waste reduction & value adding solutions, achieve higher levels of process maturity, ensure seamless integration with 3rd party processes, and help teams they interact with develop the skills to carry out their own appropriate-scale process improvement initiatives in an agile manner.
This position will also be responsible for coordinating with other integral projects currently in progress that have dependencies or linkages. Accordingly, this role will act as a process leader to the business, challenging the status quo to ensure the achievement of significant business outcomes as well as to roll up the sleeves as required. Drive delivery of measurable process transformation across Sydney Water for all strategic Priority Processes (including achieving that transformation through coaching of business, providing delivery services supporting a discrete number of the most high impact continuous improvement initiatives within the Supported Business Unit(s) and helping the Supported Business Unit(s) to prioritise initiatives).
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to;
- Understand Sydney Water’s corporate strategy and demonstrate Sydney Water values and behaviours in order to contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to the People & Culture Group vision and objectives and understand your contribution to achieve these.
- Lead/ Drive improvement project teams to deliver significant & measurable process improvement benefits while helping develop a high performing project team culture that is aligned to Sydney Water’s behaviours and values.
- Help teams develop capability in applying continuous improvement at their process level in an agile manner, planning and co-ordination activities to enable the team to work effectively together, help.
- Maximise opportunities for coaching, training and professional development to continually develop your skills and capabilities.
- The role is responsible for identifying system improvements and solutions to support the improved process plus leading prioritisation efforts.
- Developing a business / process improvement register which tracks progress and enables cost benefit analysis of improvement initiatives.
- Tertiary qualification in business, engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- 7+ years’ experience in process improvement (Lean Six sigma – including DMAIC & PDSA) and transformational projects
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Lean, Six Sigma and/or other similar process improvement methodologies to identify process waste and develop action plans for improvement.
- Strong analytical/ statistical analysis skills – use of process statistical tools like MINITAB or SigmaXL etc.
- Advanced ability to successfully apply improvement project management tools in an agile manner (e.g. use of PDSA/Agile techniques), including the development and delivery of improvement project plans, allocation of resources and implementation of appropriate phases and determination of performance measures
- Experience mentoring and providing team support to ensure Continuous Improvement / Lean Six Sigma capabilities scale across the broader business
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
As part of the application process, Sydney Water will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role. We will also use your personal information to establish a LiveHire talent profile in our Talent Community. We look at our Talent Community first when new opportuni