- Manage a team of Schedulers
- Communicate elements of the program schedule to all levels of management
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future. We see the world is changing and we are changing too. The surging population of Sydney is putting pressure on our natural resources, housing and infrastructure. In just 15 years, we can expect an extra 2.71 million people and over 570,000 new homes.
To enable this growth, we are commencing one of Australia’s biggest water programs. This is being implemented through the most dynamic delivery framework of our generation - Partnering for Success (P4S).
Our infrastructure capital program has already transformed and been recognised for excellence in delivery. That evolution is continuing through P4S. Technology enabled and enhanced processes, coupled with long term partnering contracts, are building a delivery platform for the future. We are improving collaboration and integration across the value chain, promoting innovation and flexibility to achieve outcomes that our customers value.
Long term stability brings a pathway for future talent to join the team. Promoting partnerships across the value chain aims to build an environment where change and innovation can thrive, in a safe, open, inclusive and diverse workplace. Our commercial agreements are adapting to support this change. In an Australian first, Sydney Water is adopting the NEC4 form of contract. This suite of contracts brings plain English and a collaborative way of working right up front in the relationship with suppliers, contractors and consultants. Particularly for project and maintenance works, this is a new way of working and doing business for Sydney Water and the supply chain.
We are building a legacy for the future. There is no better time than now to join Sydney Water!
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Scheduling Manager to join Sydney Water and manage the Project Scheduling discipline across a large capital works portfolio. Responsible for a team of 21 direct and indirect reports, the Scheduling Manager will be accountable for the development of schedules, activity planning and associated logic capable of delivering the project objectives. The role is also oversees the review and acceptance of supplier schedules, and ensures changes across schedules are managed effectively.
- Have management accountability for a scheduling team, including developing the capability of team members
- Be accountable for the development, implementation and maintenance of a robust project controls and scheduling systems, including all required databases and tool
- Be responsible for establishing and implementing time (schedule) management processes performed across the SW project
- Establish issue and ensure application of appropriate Strategies, Standards and Procedures for Schedule Management, whilst proactively working with the business to encourage project management leading practice
- Partner with counterparts across other project controls functions to lead a collaborative process to the delivery of the project and its management processes
You will have the leadership skills, knowledge and experience to take ownership of the outcomes of progress, performance and productivity through proper regional engagement, yet centre led, Project Scheduling team.
As a confident communicator, you are a natural influencer who knows what it takes to make a team perform, developing and leveraging relationships across a broad internal and external stakeholder network. Keeping safety, public health, and environment at the front of mind will be an inherent leadership trait.
You will have hands on experience in managing planning and scheduling services in large-scale infrastructure portfolio of projects. You will be known for an involvement in the Project Controls professional community, keeping future-based thinking part of your operational improvement desire.
You will have:
- 15+ years’ experience working in infrastructure or asset-intensive industries
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Engineering or Construction, or experience deemed equivalent
- Demonstrated experience managing and reporting in large-scale, complex projects / programmes
- Strong technical skills in schedule management
- Advanced stakeholder management skills
- Up to date knowledge of current market developments in the construction industry.
- Large infrastructure experience
- NEC3 or NEC4 projects expereince
Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.