- Located in Sydney Water head office at Parramatta
- Work closely with Process Owners to monitor day-to-day operation of processes and systems
- Offering 12-month Fixed Term Opportunities!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Business Analyst is responsible for driving continual system and process improvements to contribute to business outcomes. You will produce specialist business analysis support to the ongoing improvement of systems and processes across Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain and Enterprise Portfolio and Program Management
Reporting to the Manager Systems Improvement and Support, this position will see you ensuring positive and collaborative relationships with Process Owners, Digital Group teams and end-users, resolving competing priorities and requirements in the best interests of SWC.
- Analyse, and document process across finance, procurement, supply chain and enterprise portfolio and program management, with the intent to identify areas of potential improvement.
- Identify, develop, and implement process and system improvement initiatives to improve productivity, quality of services and reduce costs.
- Manage the end-to-end process for identifying, assessing, validating, and coordinating change and maintenance requests (warranty, defect, change), working closely with Digital Group, Process Owners and end-users
- Investigate and respond to SAP and related system business user enquiries in a timely manner. Collaborate with Digital Business to provide effective support for the use of SAP and related systems
- Provide timely and accurate reports on trends, analysis, audits, results, and appropriate commentary.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the financial function, including all approvals and requests and comply with Delegation Manual and Procurement processes.
This role will require a team member with 4+ years’ experience working in SAP business analysis in a large complex organisation requiring you to research, investigation, and experience in the provision of practical solutions to business issues. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant business degree or tertiary qualifications and / or demonstrated business and IT experience deemed equivalent.
- Expert knowledge in business analysis including the end-to-end management of change and maintenance requests and driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems effectively to business managers concisely in language and concepts they can understand.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced communicator and negotiator who is able to influence outcomes.
- Proficiency in S/4 HANA including Finance, BPC, EPPM, CATS, SCM and related systems
Closing date: Sunday 25th July 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.