- Set up the end-to-end transaction execution for complex commercial arrangements (including PPP)
- Support commercial activity and partnership opportunities pipeline across the organisation
- M&A transactions, financial modelling and Infrastructure deals
- Parramatta Head Office Location
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney is experiencing unprecedented growth, requiring innovative commercial solutions to service the growth of the city.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager in Business Partnership Development team, you will play a key role that offers a unique opportunity to set up the external engagement and development of income-generating partnerships with the private sector, investors, developers and other industry players. You will be working a team of professionals to lead cross-functional projects during the deal execution, and taking ownership of some of the largest / most strategic projects that will be viewed as benchmarks in the Australian market.
This role is essential in the management of new commercial projects and partnerships, facilitating strategy and project delivery for better commercial outcomes for Sydney Water, across project delivery of water, wastewater, recycled water and other related infrastructures.
This position requires outstanding commercial acumen, strategic and lateral thinking, agile problem-solving skills, exceptional communication, negotiation and influencing skills, and will see you developing strong collaborative relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders with a view to influencing key decision makers by providing robust financial modelling.
Help us innovate to meet the challenges of our growing cities by:
- Set up new commercial projects and Partnerships with the private sector, developers, and other industry players that maximises the potential value for Sydney Water aligned to its strategic and commercial objectives.
- Support the development, financial modelling, negotiation and delivery of commercial projects and Partnerships of new product lines to maximise value and minimise risk
- Maintain a pipeline of major commercial activity across the organisation. Including from concept through structuring and execution
- Develop robust business cases and financial models to minimise risks and assess complex commercial proposition
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, develop strategic options for assessment and recommendation for decision making
- Lead commercial negotiation with external parties to generate win-win outcomes while protecting Sydney Water interests
- Monitor relevant industry trends, developments, innovation, technology and the success of various international business models in the industry
As a leader, you will have at least 10 years of professional experience in a corporate organisation leading an organisational development function, and managing a team of subject matter experts. It is also important that you have or can demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualifications in Accounting, Finance (Corporate Finance), Applied Finance, Business, Economics, Science or relevant experience supported by a post grad qualification
- Ability to engage collaboratively with stakeholders and influence key decision maker
- Demonstrated ability to set commercial strategy, and create project valuation, and complex cash flow commercial modelling.
- Experience in leading culture and people transformation initiatives, and in the delivery and facilitation of learning programs
- Expertise in robust governance frameworks and processes.
- Solid commercial acumen evidenced through achievements, with the ability to make confident decisions in order to achieve results.
Closing date: Wednesday, 3 March 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.