- Subject matter expert in data analysis, analytics, data science and report writing for system improvement and performance
- Fulltime permanent position offering hybrid work option based out of Potts Hill
- $112,966.64 base plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and leave loading
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Performance Insight Lead, the Information Specialist will undertake data analysis to understand system performance trends and other insights across Customer Delivery, and the broader Sydney Water organisation.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse reports, dashboards to uncover insights to help the business to achieve the performance KPIs goals, and to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with the business and be the go-to person for data driven solutions, identifying opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions and ensure data integrity to support information led decision making
- Use a variety of techniques to identify trends and provide insights as well as identify opportunities for performance, and continuous development
- Spot opportunities and provide solutions for business growth and ways to increase customer satisfaction through improvements in Business Systems
- Research, identify and implement new methodologies and sources to improve the service offering
This role will suit a team member with an extensive data analytics background, demonstrated experience using data analysis, analytics, and business intelligence to solve business problems in an innovative environment.
We are looking for someone who shows resilience in the workplace and who can come up with creative ideas to support the business.
- Degree qualification (IT, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline) or relevant experience
- Proven experience in data discovery and insights including operationalisation in the business to create
- Experience in Analytics. Dashboarding, Insights and Business Intelligence
- Experience translating data management concepts into business terms, use cases and business benefits
- Experience in co-ordination, liaison and effective business relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in data discovery and insights including operationalisation in the business to create tangible outcomes and value
Application Closing date: Sunday 15th May 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.