- Job no: RFNPX
- Category: Customer Delivery
- Utilise strong stakeholder engagement skills to lead the effective interface between the Plant Operations and Major Project Team, ensuring strategic objectives are met
- Two roles, initially placed at Bondi and Blue Mountains Hub – with requirement to travel to different sites regularly
- Full time permanent opportunity with flexible work arrangements
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to lead the coordination between plant Operations, Major Project Team, other related projects and contractors for treatment related Major Projects (brownfield and greenfield) and ensure Sydney Water’s regulatory and strategic initiatives are met. Where the program of work dictates, this role may be required to support aspects of plant operations to ensure integration of project delivery with core plant operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Role model SW values and behaviours and create a constructive and supporting working environment between the Plant Operations Team, Project Team and Contractor
- Champion safety and wellness and ensure team members assigned to program of work understand their safety accountabilities and wellness support programs
- Lead the effective interface between the Plant Operations and Major Project Team through all project phases of the Major Project from Project Initiation through to Close Out and Handover in accordance with approved Sydney Water Processes/Standards
- Lead and facilitate resolution of interface conflicts (between teams and between projects) with input from relevant teams and subject matter experts
- Complete risk assessments and implement controls to ensure impacts of project implementation (e.g., construction, commissioning and handover) on plant operations are minimised
- Ensure all project work during all project phases (e.g., scoping, tendering, procurement, design, implementation, construction, commissioning and handover) is undertaken and meets with project objectives and meets operations expectations in line with Sydney Water Standards such as Mechanical, Instrumentation, SCADA, Civil, Electrical, HV etc.
- University degree in Engineering or relevant discipline or relevant experience
- Formal qualifications in Leadership or Project Management desirable
- 5+ year’s professional experience in Plant Operations and/or Project Management/Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in leading the planning and delivery of the operational aspects’ complex projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills including proven ability in preparation of written reports, procedures, project communication plans, recommendations and proposals
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple stakeholder relationships with advanced negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- A working knowledge in, and application of, appropriate legislation, corporate policies and standards
- Driver’s license
Closing date: Wednesday 17th August 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 2 days ago - 17 Aug 2022