Production Officer Level 1
- Production Officer L1 – Term role of 2 years
- $78,426.08 + super + leave loading
- Location – Camden Wollondilly hub
- Contract ending on 01/04/2023
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Water Resource Recovery (a Business wholly owned by Sydney Water) is a family friendly workplace offering job and workhour flexibility. You will be able to make a real difference through this essential service to the community and the environment. The workplace includes office and outdoor activities while working with a diverse group of employees. You will be offered formal and in-house training to skill you for the role.
The plants within the Camden Wollondilly Hub are modern tertiary treatment facilities that have high level automation, serving a large area of South Western Sydney. West Camden WRRF will shortly undergo a significant amplification project to cater for growth in the region.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Production Officers at Camden Wollondilly hub are responsible for operating and maintaining wastewater treatment equipment to meet legislative and product requirements, as well as meet customer, safety and efficiency targets.
- monitoring of SCADA control systems, plant asset checks, sampling and laboratory work, interfacing with maintenance and project contractors.
- The position is based across all plants within the Camden Wollondilly Hub and will involve travel between each of the plants within the hub (West Camden WRRF, Picton WRRF and Wallacia WWTP)
- Must be willing to learn as there are genuine opportunities to progress within the business.
- The ideal candidate for this position would have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering/Science or trade qualification.
- A ‘hands-on’ approach to problem solving and trouble-shooting process equipment.
- Good people skills and experience in coordinating internal and external service providers to perform maintenance and project works.
- Exposure to safety, environment and quality management systems.
- A personal drive for continuous improvement and to contribute to a positive team culture.
- Experience of SCADA / DCS is advantageous.
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 07 March, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.