- A diverse & rewarding role with a passionate & committed team
- Permanent full-time role based out of Potts Hill with travel across the Sydney Water network
- Offering a competitive base salary of $106,234.42 plus superannuation!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The High Voltage team provides expertise in the management of high voltage assets across Sydney Water’s operational facilities, to provide water and wastewater services to our customers. This includes:
- Maintenance of existing HV assets,
- Upgrades to existing HV assets, and
- Delivery of new HV assets.
The focus of this Senior High Voltage Engineer / Specialist position is to ensure HV assets are maintainable and operable, and working with stakeholders to ensure that safety, customer and environmental risks are effectively managed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, create and verify high voltage switching instructions.
- Undertake audits of HV installations, and compliance to work practises to ensure compliance to current standards.
- Ensure compliance to the High Voltage Operating Procedures.
- Provide expert operations & maintenance input into HV asset planning, renewals and creation processes and asset management policies, strategies & plans.
- Communicate & negotiate with internal and external stakeholders whilst representing and effectively managing the interests of Sydney Water.
- Management of interaction with Supply Authorities including technical info, outages, operating protocols & ISMPs including bushfire mitigation through vegetation management.
- Provide HV asset numbering and registration of asset numbers for projects via ADM.
- Update HV installation Single Line Diagrams via AutoCAD.
A minimum of 5 years’ electrical experience including high voltage, with the following qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Electrical Trade Certificate-3 or Certificate-4
- Electrical Licence (supervisors certificate NSW or equivalent).
- Electrical Access Permit Issuer & Recipient certificates
- HV Switching preparation certificates.
In addition, you will have:
- Extensive experience in developing high voltage switching instructions and managing high voltage assets, and developed problem solving, lateral thinking, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with a safety mindset.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: Sunday 22nd May 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.