Regulatory Review Manager
- Permanent Full-time
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and managing beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As Sydney Water develops a customer-focused business plan as a basis for its revenue reset proposal to IPART in June 2024, this person will play a central role in working with colleagues on customer requirements and business cases and turning them into propositions for funding to present to our regulator, IPART. The person in the role will manage a project that brings these components together into a coherent plan which becomes a multiyear funding proposal we present to IPART. This will draw on business planning done across the organisation which this person will help ensure comes together in a timely way in a form that can be presented externally. This a complex role managing a range of internal interfaces with business teams as well as lead responsibility for interactions with IPART, finding ways to present Sydney Water’s commercial and customer priorities in ways likely to secure approval form IPART. This will help Sydney Water secure the funding that it needs based on its commitment to its customers, based on sound evidence and due process in making decisions for customers. This a project that impacts all aspects of the business and delivers approximately $10-15 billion in revenue over four years.
- 1 x Senior Performance Analyst
- 1 x Project Manager
- 1 x Principal Analyst
Key role responsibilities include
- Ensure that Sydney Water’s position in the pricing submission is internally consistent with the regulatory proposals in the concurrent Operating Licence, Environmental Protection Licences (EPL) and WICA reviews.
- Coordinate expertise across the C&R team and across the business to ensure evidence is provided that supports Sydney Water’s key arguments in its submissions to IPART.
- Oversee the establishment of robust governance arrangements to ensure effective decision making, sign off processes and the appropriate management of risks to support Sydney Water’s submissions.
- Monitor, analyse and report on IPART process/project deliverables and provide timely and accurate reporting on project performance and risks/opportunities against key indicators
- Degree qualifications in Economics or related field
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in presenting analysis and report writing to communicate complex issues to non-specialists and Senior Managers
- Strong understanding of government and regulatory policies and processes
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, so as to understand the broader implications of the pricing regulations on the business
- Demonstrated ability to establish, manage and maintain constructive and effective internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project Management software and other related computer packages.
- 7-10 years working for a regulator or a regulated utility/firm
- Experience of regulatory, water, or competition economics
- Previous experience with leading and managing large regulatory projects with multi-disciplinary teams
- Previous experience with change projects involving major regulatory reform and change
- Experience in advising and interacting with Senior Managers and Executives
- Experience with Drafting Board Papers
- Experience of the operation of the urban water market
Closing date: Wednesday 26th January
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
As part of your application you will be required to upload a cover letter addressing the About You section of this role. Please ensure that your cover letter is no longer than 2 single pages in length.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.