- Permanent Full-time
- Parramatta or Redfern location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Safety Functional Lead is responsible for the delivery of safety support and assurance to Asset Lifecycle program delivery teams within the south region. This includes providing expert advice and support in delivering the business units strategic objectives, plans, management systems objectives, mitigation of safety risks and hazards, the prevention of workplace injuries, the prevention of incidents and occurrences, regulatory compliance and the promotion of a safe culture.
Providing expert advice and support in delivering the business units strategic objectives, plans, management systems objectives, mitigation of safety risks and hazards, the prevention of workplace injuries, the prevention of incidents and occurrences, regulatory compliance and the promotion of a safe culture.
- Participation and facilitation of health, safety and wellbeing activities such as wellbeing support activities, incident investigations, safety meetings, safety inductions and safety training.
- Exhibit visible safety leadership and behaviours to all staff and contractors.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Demonstrate effective support, influence and drive in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with multiple internal/external stakeholders across Sydney Water.
- Ensure business outcomes are always understood and support the successful delivery to (and beyond) stakeholder expectation.
- Partnering with key stakeholders and use skill and judgement to influence to arrive at a desired outcome.
Customer Knowledge and Continuous Improvement
- Partner with key stakeholders to improve operating and management practices across the business through understanding the work activities and leveraging existing knowledge.
- Bench-marking the delivery of work activities and provide improvement opportunities.
- Proactively and consistently challenge existing practice to identify ways of improving the quality and efficiency of work activities.
Risk Management and Safety Assurance:
- Participate in the development of Hazard Identification Risk Assessments (HIDRA).
- Review SWMS and Permits where required.
- Monitor the implementation of Regional Delivery Consortia (RDC) or Delivery Contractor (DC) safety management systems.
- Support the Safety Assurance Program.
Prudent, risk adverse with an unwavering advocacy for a safety first approach. Attained either Certificate IV (Workplace Health & Safety) or Diploma of Health & Safety along with any other formal recognised lead auditor qualifications in safety. Formally trained and demonstrated knowledge in safety investigations training (ICAM). Confident and committed to delivering a consistent safety theme.
Experience & Skills:
- Understanding of contract safety management.
- Experience in heavy construction and large capital works projects
- High level of interpersonal skills including team, relationship building & conflict resolution.
- Ability to model, influence and encourage positive behaviours
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Strong investigative, analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and foster networking between various areas and departments
- Adaptability and openness to change and diversity
- Highly developed level of self-awareness / self-management
- Ability to effectively coach others and impart knowledge / information on all levels
Closing date: Tuesday 19th October 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.