Senior Strategic Planning Advisor
- Up to 4x Permanent Full-time Positions
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a positive contribution to the lives of our customers, communities and our environment.
We have a proud heritage and a bright, progressive future, providing world-class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We embrace innovation and encourage diversity – importantly our people and their passion for their work are key to achieving our vision of creating a better life.
About the role
As part of the Strategy and Enterprise Planning team work collaboratively with Sydney Water Executive, Board and Heads of Business to shape and execute the Sydney Water Strategy and supporting business plans.
Support the development, implementation, monitoring and refinement of the Sydney Water Strategy and innovative strategic blueprints and plans
Collaborate across the organisation to develop and manage a robust enterprise business planning process and prepare an enterprise business plan, and support the development of implementation and group delivery plans with the business, ensuring alignment to the organisation strategy, budget, enterprise risk management and the Contribution and Development processes.
The role will support strategic and business planning and support partnering with a nominated business group(s) to establish and maintain alignment of business plans and group delivery plans to Sydney Water’s Strategy.
Please express your first and second preference from the portfolios below, noting that Sydney Water holds the rights to assign people to appropriate portfolios. People may change portfolios from time to time;
- First Choice of Customers and Partners
- Healthy Waterways and Environment
- High Performing Culture
- Successful and Innovative Business
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Contribute and support a strategic portfolio area to develop of insight and intelligence that will enable an understanding the operating environment, future trends, and customer requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice on strategic matters, risks, directions and actions that relate to how the company should deliver on the aspirations of customers, community, stakeholders and regulators in the short, medium and long term.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in the field through technical scanning, networks and professional development.
- Make a significant contribution to Sydney Water’s engagement with stakeholders and government agencies, customers and community and other stakeholders, as part of the company’s strategy, business planning and regulatory submission processes.
- Ensure all plans and activities consider customer, community and stakeholder insights and aspirations, regulatory obligations and balance costs, risks and opportunities.
- Gather, manage and maintain data and information required for analysis and forecasting at agreed levels of quality and integrity.
Degree qualification in relevant discipline (business, economics, engineering or science)
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in strategic business planning and corporate performance reporting within a large complex organisation
- Demonstrated experience in a large utility or government agency, including an understanding of Sydney Water's commercial and regulatory framework
- Understanding of key drivers and challenges in a large utility or infrastructure business is advantageous. affecting large (private or public sector) service utility providers advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in managing analytical processes and integrating outcomes into strategic and business planning
- Demonstrated experience in influencing staff and management on strategic and planning issues
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading and influencing senior management and external stakeholders on strategic issues to the benefit of the business and its customers
Closing date: Monday 29th November 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.