- Job no: ECG4J
- Category: Customer, Strategy and Engagement
Wonders of Water Ambassador Team Coordinator
- Do you love working in a creative and high energy team?
- Casual hourly rate will start from $26.73 – additional penalties may apply based on hours/days worked
Are you passionate about educating the community?
We are using our mobile education vehicle 2022-2023 to engage the wider Sydney community in conversation about where their drinking water comes from, how it is treated and the need for more water to come from rainfall independent supply in the future.
Project name: The Wonders of Water.
This is a casual role for friendly and personable communicators involving delivery of education programs for Sydney Water. The ‘Wonders of Water’ education initiative is a 12 month community education program designed to increase water literacy and understanding of circular economy principles throughout Sydney.
If this sounds like you read on:
The Wonders of Water Discovery Team will work at community events, in schools and high traffic public spaces to share an education message. The mobile education vehicle leverages a range of interactive activities, from a world of augmented reality to engaging interactive games. As a casual staff member of the Wonders of Water Discovery Team, you will help engage and educate the community at different times, often on weekends, assisting our permanent education team in delivering this important initiative.
Want to know more about the Wonders of Water mobile education van?
Click the link below:
- Highly developed social skills and comfortable in social situations. Friendly, engaging, adaptable and personable.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpretation skills to deliver complex and technical concepts for diverse audiences in the community. A fast learner, you will pick up, through training, the messages we need you to deliver.
- Demonstrated experience managing work timeframes, deadlines and expectations independently of direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive, effective relationships with community members and stakeholders
- Enrolled in or completed degree qualification in science, geography, engineering, marketing, environmental science, teaching and/or equivalent experience
- Valid Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Current drivers licence
- Current First Aid training (desirable)
Closing date: Sunday July 31st 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 18 days ago - 31 Jul 2022