- Work across Labware and Field Mobility product portfolio to ensure maximum utilisation
- Ensure project activities in the Product space are delivered on time and to specifications
- Permanent role, Parramatta location, flexible work arrangements
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This role is crucial to the delivery of projects within the Digital Business Programs. The Technical Product Delivery Lead is responsible for keeping multiple projects and activities within a product portfolio on track for the organisation and ensuring they are completed on time, to agreed quality standards and according to specifications.
This is NOT a project manager role. The Technical Product Delivery Lead will work on a product portfolio and focus on the full life-cycle of the Product.
The primary focus will be on effective delivery of outcomes for customers within constraints of time and budget. You will use appropriate and agreed techniques, ensuring that all contributors are aligned and maintaining compliance with quality and standards.
Your duties will involve:
- Partnering with internal Digital teams including Experience and Performance to ensure effective implementation and delivery of solutions.
- Ensure that the project and systems delivery approach is the most appropriate to deliver the multiple projects e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative or SAP ACTIVATE.
- Collaborate with the designers, developers, external vendors and stakeholders to determine the scope, timeline and gates of projects
- Engage closely with internal stakeholders and vendor partners to ensure that the integrity and value of the Product is enhanced.
- Ensure that the resource requirements and capabilities are identified, planned, monitored and controlled over the life of the project to ensure successful delivery.
- Build and maintain a strong, two way, trusting working relation with staff based on achieving the business goals and enabling team members to work to their fullest potential.
- Lead culture change within the team.
You will thrive in a diverse technical environment and be accustomed to working in an agile manner. Your background will be in software development, and you will ideally have some experience in enterprise asset management. You are the person who can look at a suite of products, identify what is being used and what is not being used, and determine how best to leverage available product features across the business using the existing technology to address pain points.
You will have:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in Information Systems or a related discipline. Post-graduate degree is desirable but not essential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading the delivery streams and at least 3 years’ project management with formal application of project management techniques.
- Sound working knowledge of IT delivery management principles and frameworks including SAP best practice methods.
- Highly skilled at negotiating with multiple stakeholders (internal, partner, software vendor).
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner certification is desirable.
- Significant knowledge and experience in the design, solution assurance, documentation, testing and support of enterprise scale applications, hosted on premise and in the cloud.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of IT delivery best practice including Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience delivering projects in a consultancy environment including using resource pools and PRINCE2 methodology.
- Superior understanding and consistent application of project management competencies including governance, scope, time, cost, quality, risk and benefits.
- Ability to manage the competing demands of multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to influence and build productive relationships with vendors and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate experience of the assimilation of complex business requirements and translating into solutions, with a strong commercial approach to the implementation of solutions and the total cost of ownership.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation.
Closing date: Tuesday 27th July 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
As part of the application process, Sydney Water will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role. We will also use your personal information to establish a LiveHire talent profile in our Talent Community. We look at our Talent Community first when new opportunities come up when you apply for a role. Your personal information will be collected in accordance with LiveHire’s Terms, Privacy P