- Functional role - Finance and Commercial Performance
- Create a collaborative and efficient team working environment
- Offering permanent opportunity with a competitive salary package
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Working in Sydney Waters Business Centre, called Business Connect, this role is to manage relationships with business partners and provide functional leadership to Finance, Accounts Payable and Payroll transactional and operational services delivered by the Business Connect
Reporting to the Head of Business Connect, managing 3 direct and 22 indirect reports you will be leading service introduction, service delivery, service evaluation and improvement, and provide oversight of service operations to ensure Business Connect meets client service, financial, contractual, and regulatory requirements and targets
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Manage the relationship with Finance partners to ensure close alignment of Business Connect services with business requirements, and to identify service-improvement opportunities to drive down business costs and effectively support business capabilities.
· Provide functional oversight of the processing of financial accounting transactions and the production of financial accounting reconciliations and audit work papers for financial reporting.
· Oversee the accurate and timely processing and payment of remuneration and benefits to staff and ensure records management meets risk, audit and compliance requirements.
· Manage the delivery of work papers to support annual budgeting and planning processes, and support provided for financial capability assessments
· Development, deployment, monitoring and continuous improvement of management accounting, payroll and accounts payable, procedures and processes across Sydney Water in line with best practice.
· Contribute to the performance and financial sustainability of Sydney Water through the delivery of effective and efficient accounting operations, payroll, accounts payable and management accounting services.
This role will require a team member to lead and support the delivery of management accounting services and provide functional oversight of accounting, accounts payable and payroll operations. To be considered for this position it is essential that you demonstrate:
· Postgraduate degree in a Commercial discipline and/or experience deemed equivalent.
· Membership of CPA Australia or the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or equivalent qualifications
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in managerial finance or commerce, of which 3+ years’ experience was in a management role in a shared services environment
· Strong technical financial accounting and management accounting expertise including knowledge and experience of accounting policies, accounting procedures, financial systems and financial management, taxation, treasury management and statutory financial reporting requirements
· Demonstrated experience in successfully resolving complex issues arising from conflicting priorities and agendas involving diverse stakeholder groups.
Closing date: Sunday 19th September 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.