- Permanent opportunity to be a part of a high performing Category Management team
- Based in Parramatta with a competitive salary package
- Leverage your procurement experience to contribute to the development of category strategies and leading interesting source-to- contract activities
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s Finance Services Group is continuing to create capability uplifts both within our Procurement team and across the wider organisation which will increase our ability to deliver standardised and simplified process, leverage knowledge and expertise within the organisation, provide deep insights to enable the business to make more informed decisions while providing expertise in specific business areas that create business value.
Reporting into the Portfolio Category Manager, and working closely on a day to day basis with the Category Manager (Corporate Services), you will contribute to the development of category strategies, and to manage sourcing, SRM and contract management activities for the relevant category or business area, according to the overall Category Strategy as well as specific operational requirements.
Whilst you will be predominantly aligned to the Corporate Services Category working across categories such as (but not limited to);
- Management Professional Services – Consulting Services, Auditing Services
- Advertising and Media – Marketing Communications, Media Buying,
- HR Services- Recruitment Services, Training Services
- Financial Services
- Office related services and supplies – e.g. Travel, Office Supplies, Property
You will also have opportunities to work across the Indirects portfolio including projects in Digital, IT, Resource Recovery and Facilities Management categories.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting with the development, implementation and management of enterprise wide category and contract strategies for defined portfolio of sub-categories
- Drafting and reviewing key market documents before distribution to stakeholders such as evaluation plan, returnable schedules, technical specifications and scopes of service
- Providing support to pricing reviews and contract re-negotiation, attending or leading scheduled performance reviews, resolving supplier performance matter and incidents
- Ensuring sourcing activities and related data are captured and managed in the required systems, for the purposes of tracking benefits and status of projects
- Analysing all internal and external procurement information to effectively develop supply base strategies for major procurement projects.
This role has a very strong focus on supporting the development and execution of category plans and leading and managing sourcing activities including planning, project management of sourcing process, negotiation planning and execution and overall execution of go-to-market activities.
The role will require someone with strong demonstrated experience;
- Leading and managing medium-to-high complexity source to contract activities,
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Negotiation planning, management, and execution skills
- Managing and negotiating commercial aspects of legal contracts
- Leading and managing multiple project priorities simultaneously through active prioritisation.
- Procurement analytics and driving insights from spend data
Category Management Support
- Supplier market research and ability to assist Category Managers with meaningful insights on categories through market research activities.
- Procurement analytics and being able to analyse and extract insights from datasets (such as spend data, market data) and support the category management process.
- Articulating and applying procurement concepts and tools to support Category management
- Using MS Excel to extract insights
- Using MS PowerPoint to present and communicate insights
- You must also be a self-starter who is self-motivated and driven to deliver results and manage allocated projects to deliver agreed outcomes.
You will have:
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Finance, Business, Supply Chain) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional Procurement Qualifications such as CIPS/MCIPS is highly is desirable (but not essential)
- Analyse all internal and external procurement information to effectively develop supply base strategies for major procurement projects
- Solid understanding of strategic sourcing, contract development, supplier management and procurement metrics reporting
- 5+ years’ experience working in category management category management and/or sourcing management or procurement operations roles in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with the business to lead sourcing projects, support commercial negotiations and manage contracts across the lifecycle
Please see the PD for the roles full accountabilities.
Role Closing Date: Sunday 1stAugust 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com