- Contribute to Sydney Water’s technology delivery of IoT-related projects
- Engage with business stakeholders to ensure IoT applications meet the requirements of the business
- Drive business analysis activities in IoT, acting as a key liaison point between the business and technology
- Parramatta location, close to transport, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
IoT is a core aspect of Sydney Water’s digital transformation strategy, with key business projects already demonstrating its value to the organisation and to our customers. As technology develops, IoT will continue to create significant benefits across all aspects of Sydney Water’s business operations.
This is a pivotal role as it acts as the liaison point between the business and IoT teams as growth in Sydney Water’s IoT space continues apace. As well as undertaking typical business analysis tasks such as running workshops, requirements gathering and documentation, data analysis, process change, etc. the IoT Business Analyst will also support the IoT Manager in managing IoT initiatives, documenting lessons-learned, reporting, preparing business cases and decision papers, and writing case studies.
Your duties will involve:
- Assisting with the development of Sydney Water technical IoT frameworks and standards
- Contributing to the delivery of IoT related projects to time, cost and quality standards.
- Facilitating discussion in IoT Business Support Groups and drive outcomes
- Development of to-be business processes which are enabled by IoT technology
- Derive actionable insights from data acquired by IoT devices combined with other data sources
- Contribute to advanced data analytics activities, such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Communicate business requirements to internal and external technology suppliers
- Explore with the business opportunities of applying IoT technology and look out for innovative approaches within and outside of Sydney Water
- Develop procedures and work instructions describing the usage of IoT technologies as required.
This role will suit someone who has a solid understanding of technology and who can engage with a broad range of key business stakeholders to translate their business requirements into actionable IoT projects. A key deliverable of this role will be to engage with multiple IoT Business Support Groups across the business and deliver outcomes which support the successful design, development and implementation of IoT solutions and to achieve organisational objectives.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Engineering, or related experienced deemed equivalent
- Prior experience working as a Business Analyst, preferably including aspects of Project Delivery
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to engage and influence a variety of stakeholder groups including C-level executives
- A general understanding of the IoT space
- Demonstrated ability and experience in understanding, documenting and communicating complex client requirements, developing initial option and concept reports and providing commercial information for business cases.
- Highly desirable is a basic understanding of water and wastewater processes, monitoring and control systems, IoT technology in general and Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Closing date: Tuesday 19th January 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.