Full time permanent role
Location – Potts Hill
$80,715.88 + super
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
To be accountable as an active member of a semi-autonomous team which coordinates the civil construction, mechanical and/or electrical installation, planning and investigation, commissioning and preparation of all documentation for allocated capital work projects. This role requires the commitment of the employee to achieve commercial outcomes which meets client requirements and project delivery standards.
The Employee's commitment to strive for continuous improvement will contribute to the overall performance (profitability) of the Business Unit. The Business Unit will use its competitive advantage to be a successful Contractor in the open marketplace. In this environment, the employee will be expected to meet agreed performance targets established in Key Performance Indicators KPIs) and Service Agreements (SLAs).
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Conduct civil/structural engineering construction techniques in line with procedures in use by the business unit and its contractors, together with broad knowledge of associated regulations, instruction and legislative requirements.
- Work independently or participate as an effective member of a semi-autonomous work team undertaking projects using project management principles and achieve the client's targets of timeliness, cost and quality
- Supervision of contractors and service providers
- Apply management principles to the management of human and material resources, evaluate client needs and develop strategies to meet them.
- Undertake special projects as required and effectively achieve project objectives
- Train employees in construction methods and to advance workforce and project team skills development.
- Apply and maintain EEO and WHS in the workplace
- Certificate III in Civil Construction or relevant industry experience.
- Proven effective communication / negotiation skills.
- Ability to undertake and prepare estimates for projects, project plans, progress reports and variations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all products delivered by the business.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the Delivery Plan, particularly process mapping. Ability to prepare Quality System requirements for procurement of sub-contractors and suppliers and evaluate compliance with team(s) to meet the Quality Management System requirements.
- Ability to apply strategic business planning processes to improve construction team(s) competitive performance.
- Able to determine the demand for resources for a range of projects and possess ability to forward plan for the timely supply.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of water and waste water infrastructure highly desired.
- Considerable recent experience in the construction methods and techniques used in project delivery and the ability to provide on the job training in these methods.
- Demonstrated ability in project management experience, including monitoring work performance and quality compliance. Ability to interpret project, safety and environment plans.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting criteria deadlines and project demands on larger complex projects (such as trunk mains, pumping stations and major sewer carriers).
- Extensive knowledge and recent experience in the construction of water, sewage, or stormwater related projects used by the Sydney Water Corporation and its Contractors. Tertiary qualification in a discipline appropriate to the position or appropriate field experience deemed equivalent.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 05 April, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.