- Guide, mentor and lead team of schedulers
- Ensure project schedules are prepared to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Redfern location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future. We see the world is changing and we are changing too. The surging population of Sydney is putting pressure on our natural resources, housing and infrastructure. In just 15 years, we can expect an extra 2.71 million people and over 570,000 new homes.
To enable this growth, we are commencing one of Australia’s biggest water programs. This is being implemented through the most dynamic delivery framework of our generation - Partnering for Success (P4S).
Our infrastructure capital program has already transformed and been recognised for excellence in delivery. That evolution is continuing through P4S. Technology enabled and enhanced processes, coupled with long term partnering contracts, are building a delivery platform for the future. We are improving collaboration and integration across the value chain, promoting innovation and flexibility to achieve outcomes that our customers value.
Long term stability brings a pathway for future talent to join the team. Promoting partnerships across the value chain aims to build an environment where change and innovation can thrive, in a safe, open, inclusive and diverse workplace. Our commercial agreements are adapting to support this change. In an Australian first, Sydney Water is adopting the NEC4 form of contract. This suite of contracts brings plain English and a collaborative way of working right up front in the relationship with suppliers, contractors and consultants. Particularly for project and maintenance works, this is a new way of working and doing business for Sydney Water and the supply chain.
We are building a legacy for the future. There is no better time than now to join Sydney Water!
About the role
The Lead Scheduler is part of an integrated, yet centre-led, project controls function that sits at the heart of ensuring Sydney Water delivers cost effective outcomes that our customers value, whilst ensuring scheduling standards and regulatory requirements are upheld. You will lead the Project Scheduling discipline across a large capital works portfolio, ensuring that the Scheduling team delivers high-quality, accurate and timely scheduling services for all project and maintenance works.
- Lead integrated teams of schedulers, enabling efficient capital projects and operational maintenance works delivery
- Be accountable for the development, implementation and maintenance of a robust project controls and scheduling systems, including all required databases and tools
- Ensure that scheduling policies, procedures and internal controls are effectively implemented as part of a robust project control environment for all projects within the P4S Framework.
- Enable the team to provide planning and scheduling expert advice in relation to NEC4 contract management, including the problem solving in relation to compensation events and invoice queries
- Provide monthly/ quarterly/ ad hoc reporting as required by key project stakeholders.
- Undertake sufficiently detailed and meaningful variance analysis including identification of risks/ gaps and potential overspend to budget.
You will have prior experience leading a regionally diverse, yet centre-led, Scheduling team, with hands-on experience in planning and scheduling services at large-scale infrastructure programmes. You have excellent communication skills, and an ability to influence your team to enable them to perform at a high level, as well as being able to develop and leverage relationships across a broad internal and external stakeholder network. Keeping safety, public health and environment at the front of mind will be an inherent leadership trait.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have:
- 10+ years’ experience in Project planning and scheduling
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related field
- Project Management qualifications / certificates e.g. PMI, PRINCE II
- Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the projects’ status of large-scale, complex projects
- Extensive experience with managing scheduling software systems and services including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Projects
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative Schedule Risk Assessment
- Proven business acumen and experience in driving innovation and best practice in cost estimation
- Strong understanding of construction concepts
- NEC3 or NEC4 project, contract or administration experience desirable
Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table.