- Functional role - Finance and Commercial Performance
- Create a collaborative and efficient team working environment
- Permanent Position, Parramatta Location
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities. We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Working in Sydney Waters Business Centre, called Business Connect, this role is to manage the provision of quality and efficient purchasing services by leading a multi-skilled, engaged and collaborative centralised purchasing team.
Partnering with Sydney Water’s Procurement team, this position reports to the Procurement Services Manager, and manages up to 7 purchasing specialists within the centralised purchasing team to deliver efficient, timely and effective sourcing of low risk, low value goods and services.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Leading a multi-skilled, engaged and collaborative team to fulfil purchasing requests and tasks effectively delivering a positive client experience and business outcomes.
· Proactively lead the collaboration with the Procurement team for contract and catalogue opportunities increasing self-service capabilities.
· Ensure the effective end-to-end management of Purchase Orders, as well as the resolution of invoice discrepancies relating to price / quantity.
· Oversee the management of relationships with suppliers of low risk, low value goods and services, ensuring compliance in the Requisition-to-Pay process, which includes the creation of Purchase Orders before supplier’s submission of invoices.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you demonstrate:
· Degree in Procurement, Accounting, or related area equivalent experience.
· Professional Procurement qualification (e.g. MCIPS).
· 7+ years direct / indirect category buying experience, including source to pay with a minimum of 3 years in a team leader/ manager role leading a team in the delivery of purchasing services in a large organisation.
· Demonstrated ability managing a team to deliver high quality purchasing services, providing excellent customer service.
· Highly effective people management, stakeholder and influencing skills.
· High level of proficiency in SAP ARIBA and SAP S4HANA.
· Demonstrated track record driving process improvements in purchasing with measurable results.
· Demonstrated technical capability in all aspects of purchasing operations, including extensive knowledge of managing purchasing risks, fraud controls and detection mechanisms.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of business and seniority.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.