- Significant operations leadership role, leading the Production Team at Bondi Water Resource Recovery Facility
- Exciting opportunity to lead an ambitious change program and be part of a significant program of capital works at the oldest plant in Sydney Water’s fleet
- Fulltime Permanent Opportunity offering competitive salary package
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities. We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water for people across Greater Sydney and centralised sanitation to protect our beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve
Water is the most valuable natural resource in the world. The work of the Water Resource Recovery Team is essential to continuously improving the health of the rivers and beaches of Greater Sydney. We are developing water treatment solutions that contribute to the circular economy, restoring and reinvigorating the natural environment. You will be able to make a real difference to the community and the environment through this essential service.
The workplace is a mix of office and outdoor activities and you will be leading and working with a diverse group of employees. You will have the opportunity for formal and in-house training to support your career development as a water professional. We are a family friendly workplace and offer job and workhour flexibility.
About the role
As the Production Manager for Bondi Water Resource Recovery Facility (WRRF) you are responsible for the day to day safe and compliant operation of the asset. Reporting to the Water Resource Recovery South Lead, you will lead the operations team and also ensure operations are an integral part of all maintenance, capital works, community and digital programs underway at the WRRF.
The Bondi WRRF is undergoing significant transformation on several fronts right now and into the next 10 years. This includes a significant culture change which you will be responsible for leading as we vision, plan and implement automation to enable a move from 24/7 shift operation to 5 day a week, day shift operation.
The Bondi WRRF is also undergoing substantial capital works across civil, electrical, mechanical and process engineering disciplines. This program will be delivered by the Sydney Water Asset Lifecycle teams and associated delivery partners with you being the key internal customer and stakeholder. Your team of 22 includes a leadership team of shift team leaders and technical specialists including Process engineer, Maintenance coordinator and Capital Interface Lead. You will be working closely with the Capital Interface Lead to ensure that the program of work suits the needs of the operation and is delivered safely and in compliance with environment and community commitments.
This role will suit a leader with significant experience in leading operational teams in production environments. To be considered for this position you will need:
- Highly developed leadership and facilitation skills and demonstrated ability to build a high performing team
- Demonstrated capability and commitment to improving safety performance
- Ability to influence stakeholders across varying levels and communicate requirements effectively
- Degree qualifications in engineering / science or equivalent experience to meet the needs of the role
- Demonstrated business planning skills and ability to provide effective operational input into strategic and tactical asset planning, maintenance and renewal and asset creation
- Minimum of 7 years experience in operations role (water/wastewater and/or resource recovery is highly advantageous but other operations/production industries are strongly encouraged to apply)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in leadership role
- Exposure to quality management systems (ISO 9000, 14000, 4801)
Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.