- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Highly visible, executive business partnership
- EA 11 Permanent role, Parramatta base location and flexible working arrangements
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role you will have the opportunity to partner with the GM of Business Development to work across various Sydney Water Businesses and provide operational partnership to the broader Business Development team. You will be at the forefront of our external key account partners, our key initiatives and business operations.
· Assist in the day to day operations and administration of the Group, on behalf of the GM
· Draft and prepare complex documentation and correspondence including Executive papers, Board papers, business cases and communications on behalf of the General Manager
· Manage work schedules and all aspects associated with it, including diary management and organisation of meetings and relevant papers
· Establish agendas and record actions of GM leadership meetings
· Supporting the Business Development Group on a variety of management and strategic projects and tasks involving business planning, budgeting, cashflow and P&L management
· Provide proactive and evidence-based advice to the GM and leadership team to ensure matters that impact the business are considered
· Lead selected cross-functional strategic initiatives and projects, particularly those that do not have a home and/or include multiple senior-stakeholders
· Work alongside the Business Development Leadership Team to develop and monitor business plans, aligned to Sydney Water’s organisational goals
· Establish various touch points with external key account stakeholders along with researching potential business opportunities
· Use communication and event coordination skills to coordinate multiple stakeholders and suppliers to ensure seamless execution of communications, campaigns and general events and activities including sourcing speakers, arranging invites, collation of papers, formatting speech notes, preparation of slides.
Determined and business focused, you are comfortable operating within an executive and dynamic environment. Organised, confident with clear and calm communications skills
· Prior Executive Assistant experience at a senior level in an executive environment
· Intermediate to advanced events management, relationship management, MS Office, diary management, HR liaison, travel, and corporate correspondence
· Diploma in Management or Business Administration and/or equivalent level of skills and knowledge gained from practical experience in a similar role
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and respond to enquiries including contentious and emotive issues at a senior level in a sensitive and confidential manner
· Ability to build public profiles and networks with sound negotiation and interpersonal skills
· Tech inclined and can work autonomously
· Strong project coordination skills
Closing date: Wednesday 8 December, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.