- Provide specialist cyber security assurance services across the delivery of new applications and technologies
- Help establish and oversee the implementation of Sydney Water’s Cyber Security Management System
- Provide support over cyber security architectural decisions
- Parramatta location, close to transport
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water is a recognised leader in Cyber Security in the Utilities industry space, defining the way utilities organisations manage their cyber security requirements. The Cyber Governance, Risk & Compliance Specialist will play a pivotal role in Sydney Water’s ongoing development of its Cyber Security posture. A primary responsibility for this role will be to provide govern and oversee the establishment and implementation of a new Cyber Security Management System (CSMS) in accordance with recognised standards and frameworks: ISA62443, ISO27001 & ASD. The successful candidate will be providing specialist cyber security services across people, process and technology aspects.
Your duties will include:
- Drive assurance functions over a major program of works to align security functions to a CSMS (Cyber Security Management System)
- Champion the direction and value of Information and Cyber Security Architecture at a senior level across Digital Services.
- Delivering Information and Cyber Security risk and architectural documents including but not limited to: Cyber Security risk assessments, security principles.
- Providing advice on security patterns and standards.
- Enabling management to make informed decision (accept or reject) a digital initiative based on risk posture.
- Carrying out reviews covering complex systems proposals, systems development work or existing information systems and providing clear feedback and recommendations.
- Identifying and reconciling inconsistent or conflicting objectives and drivers between key stakeholders.
- Providing input and recommendations to new digital initiatives.
- Providing reporting on digital assurance, risk and architectural practices
This role will suit someone who has expertise in cyber governance, risk assessment and management, identifying assets, determining vulnerability and levels of impact to the business if they were to be compromised, and optimising budgets to ensure all assets are appropriately and effectively protected. You will be an excellent communicator and influencer, able to engage with key business stakeholders to convey the necessity of a robust CSMS and its benefits to the organisation.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications IT / Computer Science or a related discipline and/or equivalent working experience.
- CISSP, CSP etc and/or CISA, CRISC etc qualification desired.
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network security, wireless security, application security, infrastructure hardening and security baselines, web server and database security.
- Risk Management Framework & NIST security control implementation experience - (NIST, ISO 27001, IRAP)
- Understanding of and ability to apply industry architectural best practices (eg TOGAF, SABSA).
- Design and documenting digital application, infrastructure, information, business and/or integration architecture diagrams.
- Broad experience across multiple architecture domains and technologies.
- Support processes including IDS/IPS, Web, Email, SIEM, DLP, SIEM including vulnerability management.
- Proficient in standard security assessment & testing tools.
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructures.
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd March 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.