- Job no: XG7Q7
- Category: Asset Lifecycle, Property Services
- Lead a commercial property portfolio development strategy
- Permanent Full-time offering a competitive salary package
- Based in Parramatta office with flexible hybrid work options available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
Sydney Water is embarking on an exciting period of change in the property development team, with large-scale development programs forecasted and a strategy to optimise the property portfolio in alignment with Sydney Water's business objectives.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Property Services, the Property Portfolio Development Manager will lead the development and implementation commercial property portfolio development strategy which supports the organisations corporate objectives and fulfills Sydney Water’s legislative responsibilities.
This role will lead innovative opportunities developing strong partnerships with industry and government stakeholders to create positive partnerships which contribute to delivery of the portfolio strategy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, develop and align the Sydney Water Property Optimisation, Leasing, Development and Divestment Strategies, plan and budgets with Sydney Water Strategic Business Objectives.
- Strategically drive short, medium and long-term business plans to optimise the property portfolio by leading development, divestment, revenue and commercial management functions.
- Deliver annual business plans on time and budget, ensuring business cases are financially robust with clear strategic alignment and strong stakeholder engagement.
- Champion strategic property portfolio governance and initiatives to achieve optimal commercial and community outcomes.
- Provide leadership, strategic advice and facilitate decision making in relation to significant commercial property advisory and complex transactions.
- Lead and facilitate alignment, coordination and collaboration across internal stakeholders, in establishing a culture of effective and respectful challenge, empowerment, and innovation to deliver value through the property optimisation program.
- Lead the effective strategic, tactical and risk management of the portfolio and projects from inception to project completion.
- Champion the consistent application of Sydney Water values, leading by example and promoting a high-performance culture.
- 10+ years’ experience working in property with demonstratable experience in developing strategy, management of complex projects, stakeholder management and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Extensive experience in the strategic management of leasehold and freehold properties in a large, complex and diverse portfolio.
- Extensive experience in property development, financial and risk management.
- Ability to execute strategic solutions on complex property issues, including high level analysis.
- Demonstrated experience preparing scope and business cases for more ambiguous or complex projects and work programs.
- Sound knowledge of commercial, construction and lease contract law.
- Advanced project management experience.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and people management skills and can create and maintain a psychologically safe, collaborative and productive team environment.
The type of leaders and people we look for
- Solution focussed with the ability to find a way to make things better.
- You stand up and contribute by challenging the norm and sharing your knowledge and offering opinions respectfully.
- You do what you say with integrity, transparency and trust.
- You support and encourage by actively listening, identify and acknowledge other’s strength and skills.
- You own the outcome by owning your role, understand your impact as a leader and how it contributes to the corporate strategy of our organisation.
- You seek out opportunities for coaching and developing your team as we continue to evolve our high-performance culture.
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
Application closing date: Sunday, 14 August 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 4 days ago - 14 Aug 2022