- Job no: XDKG7
- Categories: Customer Delivery, Work Program & Optm
- Provide effective leadership to a team of planning specialists responsible for ensuring that maintenance programs on the Sydney Water network are delivered to meet operational and maintenance standards, specifically:
o mechanical/electrical first response
o incident response to environmental harm
o prevention inspection programs, including those related to Environmental Improvement Program (EIP)
- In addition, the team is responsible for resource allocation and coordination of work (field trials / disinfections / shutdown for connections / compliance audits) to support new / adjusted / renewal programs (developer & Sydney Water funded) to be connected to the Sydney Water network.
- Potts Hill
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As a Level 5 Manager, the role will:
- Develop and lead an effective team (people, processes, technology, information and data)
- Provide leadership and line management to direct reports
- Ensure the delivery of high levels of customer services relating to maintenance programs
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures
- Develop coaching and training programs that drive safety performance, customer satisfaction and world class service
- Be a key leader in the business, drawing from their wealth of experience, strategic thinking and whole of business focus
- Full manager accountabilities for direct reports; assign and monitor work, review and complete CDPs.
- Provide feedback, performance management and conduct Performance Reviews for staff.
- Ensure timely and effective communication of all relevant information to the team.
- Play a key role within the Integrated Work Programs Team to develop meaningful strategies that integrate across Customer Delivery and the broader Sydney Water business.
- Work collaboratively across the business to deliver strategic outcomes
- Manage a team of teams to deliver on product requirements and customer, safety and efficiency outcomes
- Manage staff wellbeing and business efficiency in a high workflow environment
- Manage transformational change programs, champions change and supports staff through change
To be successful for this role you have:
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Science, or equivalent experience
- A thorough understanding of the operational and maintenance requirements of Sydney Water’s networks
- Understand the requirements of the developer industry and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills at all levels both internal and external to the organisation, with the ability to establish a high degree of credibility.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact, build relationships and influence at all levels, both internal and external to organisation.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills to identify issues, trends, drivers and links to asset/product/service provider performance.
- Demonstrated ability in leading a high performing technical team
- Demonstrated experience and ability in leadership - driving business performance.
- Skills in mentoring, coaching, developing and transferring technical capability.
- Ability to foster and develop individuals
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Water / Wastewater related industry
- Extensive experience at a senior level in managing technical issues relating to operations and maintenance of operating assets and networks
- Demonstrated leadership in a team environment and operate as part of a management team
- Demonstrated experience in building effective business and stakeholder relationships
- Knowledge and experience in the development and management of quality assurance systems
Refer to the position description (attached) for the full accountabilities of the role.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact SANDY.SAHOO@sydneywater.com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closes in 3 days - 26 Jan 2021
- Published on 13 Jan 2021, 11:13 PM