- Job no: XAA6A
- Categories: People & Culture,
Manager Safety Advisory
- Lead the development of concepts, strategies and business cases to improve safety outcomes for Sydney Water
- Contribute to the development and execution of the Safety, Health & Wellbeing Vision and Plan
- Guide our continued path towards Safety Differently, using your exceptional understanding of human behaviour to provide compliant, yet fit for purpose systems and processes that help our people to succeed.
- Location, Parramatta
- Flexible working opportunities
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role, you will report to the Head of Safety, Health & Wellbeing and will be responsible for creating a centre of excellence that enables Sydney Water to drive systematic and sustainable improvement through effective and robust Risk and Assurance systems. The role will lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team that will set the policy, strategy and standards in the areas of WHS Risk Management, Assurance and Human Factors integration.
The role’s responsibilities:
- Define, lead, champion and promote the overall Safety Advisory plan focusing on the importance and value of systematic and sustainable improvement in safety management
- Keep abreast of industry trends and utilise comparable benchmarks to support and underpin the delivery of the Safety, Health & Wellbeing Vision and Plan
- Continuously work with the WHS Management Systems Lead to identify initiatives to improve safety and operational efficiencies
- Engage with stakeholders to design and manage the delivery of fit for purpose services that support them to continuously improve and deliver positive safety outcomes
- Develop concepts, strategies and business cases to develop safety solutions for Sydney Water
- Measure and monitor the performance of the WHS Risk Management and Assurance programs and adjust as required
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience leading and managing safety within a large complex organisation in a high-risk industry
- Significant experience in the development, implementation and management of safety risk and assurance systems
- Formal qualification in Health & Safety, Risk Management, Organisational Psychology, Human Factors or related field
- Proven ability to provide business direction, effectively lead, manage and motivate teams, mentor and develop the skills of our people
- The stature, knowledge, personality and communication skills to rapidly gain credibility with leaders, both internally and externally, and to influence key decision makers in Sydney Water
- Customer focus - provides an exceptional stakeholder experience and works to continually improve in this area
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd December
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 3 days ago - 02 Dec 2020
- Published on 18 Nov 2020, 5:29 AM