- Proactively lead and manage relationships with major developers and infrastructure agencies to deliver commercially sustainable outcomes that support growth and development of Sydney as a liveable city.
- Lead a team to deliver major development projects, and support the City Growth and Development vision and objectives
- A strong, commercial focus with a program view
- Parramatta base location
At Sydney Water, we deliver a world-class customer experience, and are passionate about collaborating with our current and future customers, communities, stakeholders and partners to deliver better outcomes.
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future, creating a better life, with world-class water and wastewater services. We know the world is changing, so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
Sydney Water also respectfully acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of Sydney, Illawarra and the Blue Mountains where we work, live and learn.
About the role
Some exciting opportunities have emerged in our Business Development – City Growth and Development team. We have multiple Account Manager roles now available, working with the development industry, to support Sydney’s growth.
Over the next ten years, Sydney will undergo some of the most significant population growth in its history. Sydney Water supports this growth, through delivering world-class products and services – helping to develop thriving, liveable and sustainable cities.
As a leader of a small team, you will think on your feet, champion customer needs and help develop new opportunities and products. Your commercial skills will mean that you have an eye for detail, and will play a key role in leading the development and negotiation of new products and services – integrating new and traditional water services, to improve commercial and sustainable outcomes.
Key to the role will be your ability to build strategic relationships, and facilitate the delivery of critical and complex growth projects.
Help us innovate to meet the challenges of our growing city:
- Proactively manage relationships with developers and major infrastructure agencies – to build strategic, long-term partnerships that deliver the optimal outcomes for growth and development.
- Lead Sydney Water’s engagement with developers and major infrastructure stakeholders, in order to manage the impact on existing Sydney Water assets, and deliver new ones.
- Oversee the end-to-end project and case management of low, medium and high complexity development projects
- Assess, prioritise and allocate development projects and applications to the appropriate resource within the team to ensure the work is delivered on time and meeting quality and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with our internal business process partners to ensure we are delivering efficient and reliable products and services to our Infrastructure and Development customers.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. urban planning, engineering, construction and project management), or experience deemed equivalent
- Sound knowledge in infrastructure, urban/property development industry
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Commercially savvy, with well-developed ability to negotiate persuasively and resolve conflict through relationship and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated project management experience working within a development servicing/ infrastructure planning environment
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.