- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Support the Project Manager during all phases of the project lifecycle to ensure that construction and maintenance is completed safely, and meets time, cost, quality, WHS, environment and stakeholder requirements
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The purpose of the position is to support the Project Manager (Major Projects) during all phases of the project lifecycle to ensure that construction and maintenance is completed safely, and meets time, cost, quality, WHS, environment and stakeholder requirements. The position monitors and verifies compliance during delivery of a project against Sydney Water management systems and project plan to ensure the Special Purpose Delivery Consortia compliance, productivity, project Key Performance Indicators and Major Projects goal expectations are met. Provides technical advice and leadership to multi-discipline teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Lead construction start up activities including facilitating the start-up meeting.
- Ensure defects are identified, registered and addressed.
- Ensure requests for information (RFI’s) which constitute a variation of scope, quality, cost or time are referred to the Project Manager for decisions.
- Involvement with all HSEQ investigations providing input, review and advice.
- Conduct compliance inspections according to plan.
- Assist Safety, Quality, Environment leads with internal audits (as needed)
- Participate in PIRs, (Post Evaluation Reviews, Lessons Learnt Review and Benefits Realisation Reviews) of projects to ensure continual improvement.
- Trade qualifications in electrical, mechanical and/or civil essential, or experience deemed equivalent.
- 10+ years’ total experience within construction and maintenance or heavy industry.
- 5+ years’ work experience in Supervisory/ Management role in construction and maintenance or heavy industry.
- Extensive field / project exposure
- Sound knowledge of SEQC relevant legislation
- Advanced ability to manage construction and maintenance activities in a similar industry.
- Sound construction management technical skills across electrical, mechanical and civil disciplines.
Closing date: 31st October, 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.