- Job no: T6QYG
- Category: Asset Lifecycle, Property Services
- Provide effective leadership to a team of specialists in facilitating innovative acquisition strategies
- Permanent Full-time offering a competitive salary package
- Based in Parramatta office with flexible hybrid work options available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
Sydney Water is embarking on an exciting period of change in the property acquisitions team with large-scale acquisition programs forecasted which we will underpin with robust and innovative acquisition and development strategies.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Property Services, the Property Portfolio Acquisition Manager will lead and provide strategic advice across broad ranging, large scale, high value and complex acquisition matters ensuring strong commercial outcomes for Sydney Water.
This role is responsible for working in partnership with internal stakeholders to proactively identify emerging commercial, political or reputational risk and developing sound mitigation strategies.
Your role is to support and lead a team of acquisition specialists ensuring they meet compliance and legislative requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, develop and align the Sydney Water Property Acquisition Strategy, plan and budgets with Sydney Water Strategic Business Objectives.
- Provide input into the development of the Property Portfolio Strategy and the Strategic Asset Management Plan by providing strategic advice, analysis and insights regarding the acquisition strategy.
- Strategically drive short, medium and long-term acquisition business plans which align with Sydney Water business requirements and timeframes.
- Develop strategic property portfolio acquisition governance and initiatives to achieve optimal commercial and reputational outcomes.
- Develop and lead the long-term acquisition delivery strategy, incorporating business requirements, known and emerging risks into acquisition execution plans.
- Lead management of the acquisition process, project acquisition delivery strategy and long-term road maps across the portfolio.
- Provide leadership and drive delivery of the acquisition of land and easements for major infrastructure projects.
- Champion the consistent application of Sydney Water values, leading by example and promoting a high-performance culture.
- Degree qualification in business, commerce, property development, land economics or related discipline, or experience deemed equivalent.
- Appropriate property qualifications leading to Australian Property Institute Membership
- 10+ years’ working in property with demonstratable experience in developing strategy, management of complex acquisition projects and stakeholder management.
- Extensive experience in the strategic acquisition of leasehold, easements and freehold properties in a large, complex and diverse portfolio.
- Extensive experience leading acquisition or project teams.
- Extensive experience in property acquisition, financial and risk management.
- Demonstrated experience acquiring properties under the Compulsory Acquisition Framework.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant legislative and compliance requirements (such as Land Acquisition (Just Terms) Act 1991 and other relevant statutory requirements applicable to property acquisitions)
- Advanced project management experience.
- Demonstrated high level influencing and negotiation skills.
The type of leaders and people we look for
- Solution focussed with the ability to find a way to make things better.
- You stand up and contribute by challenging the norm and sharing your knowledge and offering opinions respectfully.
- You do what you say with integrity, transparency and trust.
- You support and encourage by actively listening, identify and acknowledge other’s strength and skills.
- You own the outcome by owning your role, understand your impact as a leader and how it contributes to the corporate strategy of our organisation.
- You seek out opportunities for coaching and developing your team as we continue to evolve our high performance culture.
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
Application closing date: Sunday, 14 August 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 5 days ago - 14 Aug 2022