- Support the implementation & ongoing management of Sydney Water’s environmental governance framework
- Help enable Sydney Water to meet compliance obligations and environmental objectives
- Permanent role; Parramatta location, hybrid work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water is looking for an experienced Project Officer to support the implementation and ongoing management of its environmental governance framework. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Officer to have visibility across the organisation and offers the opportunity to influence and enable awareness of environmental issues that impact the organisation as a whole.
- Provide subject matter expert support to ensure ongoing implementation and improvement of Sydney Water’s Environment Management System
- Maintain environmental governance documents in line with relevant document control standards
- Assist in facilitation of the internal and external audit program to maintain ISO14001 certification
- Collect, analyse and interpret data to support various corporate environmental reports including the EMS Management Review, Corporate Performance Report, Environmental Impact Index, Environment Plan, Executive and Board reporting and EPL compliance reporting
- Maintain, monitor and evaluate data, programs, initiatives, resources and environmental performance to continuously improve and meet the objectives of our Corporate Strategy, relevant policies, plans and legislation.
- Work collaboratively with Project Management resources as part of the Environmental Performance Improvement Program (EPIP)
- Develop and improve environmental management processes that balance multiple complex issues requiring extensive stakeholder consultation, sensitivity and attention to detail.
- Assist in the development, delivery, and assessment of environmental training programs
- Work with Corporate Communications team to deliver Environmental Communications Program including coordination of our annual Environment Week event
This role is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
Working within the Wastewater and Environment Custodian business area, this role will suit someone who has a background in either reporting, communications, management systems or environmental management, and who is able to engage collaboratively with a range of key business stakeholders. Strong data analysis and written communication skills and are able to produce reports, papers for Executives and the Board and other communication material within tight timeframes, and to a high quality.
You are also adept at supporting the coordination of a variety of meetings, forums and events, including internal Executive meetings and external stakeholder/regulator meetings, networking events and governance forums.
You will have:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or experience deemed equivalent.
- Superior writing, communication, presentation, strategic thinking, and people skills
- Superior research and analytical skills
- High level engagement and negotiation skills
- High level critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of ISO14001 management system, continuous improvement, and environmental governance
- Knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and related regulations
- Understanding of current environmental and resource management issues
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, and to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Closing date: 30th June 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.