Portfolio Director – Major Projects
- Help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney
- Permanent role
- Parramatta Location or other areas of operation.
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Major Projects, in this role you ensure the portfolio of Major Projects are developed and delivered in the context of current business objectives and meet the needs of our key stakeholders in our operating environment and to ensure successful realisation of portfolio outcomes.
As a Portfolio Director, you define and manage infrastructure investment for a portfolio comprised of multiple stand-alone projects. You provide leadership, management, information and insights about the health of investments and corrective actions to ensure investment and customer servicing outcomes are delivered. You will support the relevant Portfolio/Program and Project Control Groups, reporting to the Executive and Board, as well as support similar reporting and investment management processes with NSW Government. The position is also a key contributor to determine the delivery strategy for the portfolio and defines program and project structure to deliver benefits for the organisation.
- 10+ years’ experience in the development and management of infrastructure portfolios to evidence prudent investment decision making and realisation of benefits.
- Demonstrated capability to proactively manage a complex infrastructure portfolio
- Demonstrated experience in best practice portfolio management practices, governance and assurance methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in commercial acumen, particularly with regard to investment value management
- Demonstrated experience in portfolio technical skills (scheduling, cost management and issue/risk management)
- Demonstrated experience dealing with regulators and stakeholder groups, internal and external.
- Demonstrated experience in challenging status quo practices and managing successful delivery of capability uplift
The type of leaders and people we look for
- Solution focused with the ability to find a way to make things better.
- You stand up and contribute by challenging the norm and sharing your knowledge and offering opinions respectfully
- You do what you say with integrity, transparency and trust.
- You support and encourage by actively listening, identify and acknowledge others’ strengths and skills.
- You own the outcome by owning your role, understand the impact and how it contributes to the cooperate strategy of the organisation.
Application closes: 31 January 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.