- Coordinate, assess and manage the environmental impacts of development projects within our area of operations
- Permanent Position
- Location, Parramatta
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Environmental Engineer to join our established team in the role of Senior Development Consultant. This role will see you provide a successful project coordination for development customers. You shall be responsible for the design and delivery of intelligent end to end water servicing solutions for complex developments to meet regulatory timeframe, operating licence requirements and minimise environmental impacts.
This role sees you responsible for ensuring the protection of our customers, our employees and the Sydney Water networks and associated infrastructure. You will succeed in this position through the application of your demonstrated experience in develop assessment, engineering and planning across multiple product and servicing types, and your application of contemporary approach to integrated water servicing.
As part of the Business Development team this role will see you assess complex development cases and designs servicing solutions, while establishing and maintaining client relationships with local councils, government departments, and internal stakeholders.
In this role you shall apply your demonstrated hands on experience and understanding of urban development and connection processes, urban water management product knowledge and risk assessment through data sharing and data assessment. You will play a key role in initialling and leading process improvements to meet Regulatory timeframe and Operating Licence requirement.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Conducting complex case investigation, analysis and system capability assessment for development customers and proposing solutions to address negative environmental impacts
- Design and deliver integrated servicing solutions for development customers and ensure regulatory timeframe requirements are met and licence impacts are minimised
- Challenge and change practices to encourage innovative thinking and servicing as well as provide flexible solutions for our customers
- Establish and maintain long term effective client relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
In this role you will apply your environmental engineering skills and your strong focus on stakeholder engagement to manage a variety of stakeholders across a range of internal and external business units.
It is also important that you have or can/ demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. environmental engineering/science, urban planning, engineering, business or related discipline) or experience deemed equivalent
- Experience in working within a development servicing / infrastructure planning environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more product and servicing types (water, wastewater, stormwater, recycled water), and contemporary approaches to integrated servicing (Integrated Water Management, Water Sensitive Urban Design).
- Demonstrated experience in development assessment, engineering and or planning
- Understanding of urban development, connection processes, financial processes and systems required to manage commercial business activities
- Ability to work effectively a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to translate complex terminology into language to suit a variety of audiences.
Closing date: 19 August 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or have full working rights in Australia at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.