Business Process Lead – Internet of Things
- Full Time Fixed Term Contract 11 Months
- ICE 2
- Location, Parramatta (Flexible Working Arrangements Available)
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and managing beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This project is a fundamental component of the Environment Improvement Program’s Incident Response Implementation Plan. The project is critical to Sydney Water’s overflow detection capability.
The Process Improvement Delivery Team exists to bring process improvement rigor, methods, & tools to strategic priority areas and process improvements initiatives (enterprise to more localized) across Sydney Water. The purpose of this lead role is to drive transformation, deliver process improvements, and support uplift of process maturity across Sydney water using innovative process improvement methods. Ultimately, this role will deliver quantifiable process improvements, systems integration recommendations, value adding solutions, achieve necessary levels of process maturity and capability, and ensure seamless integration with 3rd party processes for this program.
Other role responsibilities include:
- Lead/ Drive the project team to deliver significant process improvement benefits while maintaining high performing project team that is aligned to Sydney Water’s signature behaviours and values.
- End-to-end process design and alignment to identify and manage interdependencies. Accountable for all process designs and re-engineered processes for the PI Projects and ensuring they are documented, meet minimum process maturity standards/ quality requirements, designed to best practice, and are approved by relevant stakeholders.
- A strong ability to influence the organization and senior stakeholders to support initiatives through change management, gravitas and influencing skills are essential to the role.
- Provide leadership, direction and ensure professional standards and best practice act as key drivers within a culture of continuous improvement, value for money and safer practice.
- Responsible for facilitating complex cross functional process challenges, workshops, and expected to deliver rapid, high impact tangible outcomes for the business
- Tertiary qualification in business, engineering or related field, or experience deemed equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in process improvement (lean, six sigma, TPM, TQM) or transformational projects
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Lean, Six Sigma and/or other similar process improvement methodologies to identify waste and inefficiencies and develop action plans for improvement.
- Strong analytical/ statistical analysis skills
- Advanced ability to successfully apply project management tools and agile, including the development and delivery of project plans, allocation of resources and implementation of appropriate milestones and performance measures and agile ceremonies.
- Ability to switch between leading and conducting business analysis tasks
- Experience in working with complex processes spanning across multiple teams and business functions
- Strong presentation, writing and communication skills
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities
Closing date Tuesday 15th June
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.