- Provide SCADA security management, ensuring the reliable operation of Sydney Water’s Critical Infrastructure Systems
- Act as cyber security SME around implementation of controls and processes
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As a SCADA Security Engineer you will work in the Operational Technology Services business providing cyber security expertise across Sydney Water’s leading-edge SCADA technology, including a Wide Area Network SCADA system. You will have responsibility for the provision of SCADA security management and hands on execution including expert advice, implementation of controls and processes, review, and administration functions to ensure reliable operation of the Sydney Water Critical Infrastructure systems.
Your duties will involve:
- Ensuring that system security (including general cyber security, information security and physical security) of the SCADA telemetry systems is implemented and maintained in line with industry best practise.
- Owning and updating appropriate Security Plans and procedures for IICATS and Plant SCADA security standards and lead implementation.
- Implementing Cyber Security Risk Management Framework including appropriate risk assessments, reporting and recommendations for additional controls or acceptance.
- Maintaining IICATS and SCADA security baseline assessments including initiation and implementation of controls following emerging threats.
- Providing reporting function on the current level of security compliance and risk of the OTS systems.
- Ensuring adequate implementation of SWC Information Security Management Framework in Operational Technology systems.
- Maintaining Operational Technology ISO 27001 accreditation.
- Participating in all external and internal security audits.
- Participating in updates to Security Policies.
- Performing periodic security audits (including policy compliance checks, firewall rules reconciliations, user privileges, system configuration, patch level status etc.).
This role will suit someone who has demonstrated experience in Operational Technology Security, preferably in the Utilities or Oil and Gas industry sectors, including proven experience in Cyber Security in critical infrastructure and complex process facilities.
You have a passion for cyber security, actively keeping abreast of any industry trends. You display proactivity and initiative in terms of detecting cyber risk, and in coming up with ideas how to improve current controls implementations.
You have strong communication skills with multiple stakeholder groups and a desire to educate both technical and non-technical people on the importance of cyber security.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in an Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline with proven experience in implementing security functions.
- Cyber security certifications (CISSP etc.) will be advantageous
- Expert knowledge of Cyber Security Standards and Industry Good Practice Guides.
- Thorough knowledge of system administration activities needed to support advanced SCADA systems.
- Thorough knowledge of IT networks including security devices and configuration practices.
- Thorough knowledge of National and International Information Security standards.
- Working knowledge of SCADA system software.
- Ability to identify actual and emerging problems, and devise and implement solutions, which meet business requirements.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to liaise with Sydney Water Corporation’s personnel and service delivery partners at all levels.
- Demonstrated commitment to WHS and the principles of EEO.
A thorough knowledge of the various system administration activities and processes needed to support advanced SCADA systems, together with the ability to develop and maintain appropriate SCADA Support procedures and workstation images would be highly regarded.
Closing date: Sunday 1st August 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.