Senior Customer Research Specialist
- Competitive Salary Package – ICE1
- Full-time permanent role
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
- Excellent benefits
About the Organisation
At Sydney Water we value our customers, our culture, and our performance. Our vision is to create a better life with world-class water services. We value and protect the environment of Greater Sydney and its surrounds and we are committed to the health and safety of our employees and our community.
Sydney Water supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages people of all ages and backgrounds to apply.
To enable the Customer and Strategic Insights (CSI) team to provide key customer research and insights supporting better decision making across the business. It entails assisting in the establishment and delivery of various research programmes of work, including delivery management regarding our customer insight trackers, reports and/or ad hoc research projects as well as supporting the broader CSI team in the alignment and delivery of the insights sourced from supporting programmes of work, such as from the data analytics team.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Operationalisation of customer and stakeholder categories across Sydney Water key tools eg SAP CRM and Consultation Manager.
- Management of customer contact lists across the business, to facilitate a variety of different research activities.
- The application of a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods including data collection (for example, customer surveys, customer interviews and focus groups), data analysis and the interpretation and creation of reports.
- Delivering regular thematic summaries and reports synthesising relevant insights from various sources into actionable recommendations for business stakeholders.
- Supporting the Customer Research communication and education program by writing articles that articulate the work done by the Customer Research team to the wider business.
- Ensuring that the outputs of the research program are embedded in to all parts of the business where relevant to help drive the focus on customer at the heart.
- Ability to manage and prioritise projects and work to tight deadlines across multiple stakeholders.
- Sound planning, influencing, facilitation and issues and crisis management skills.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience
- Minimum tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (research, behavioural or social sciences, marketing or business).
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in customer research.
- Experience with research and insights tools and office software, including MS Excel, Powerpoint and Sharepoint.
- Experience in communicating research findings to both internal and external stakeholders to improve strategic and/or business decision making.
- Driven self-starter able to follow through complex projects from commencement to completion.
*Please refer to the job description for the full list of knowledge/skills and experience*
Please note that your application will be assessed against the job requirements of this position as listed in the attached position description. Please ensure that your cover letter and resume outline your ability to meet these job requirements.
You must apply online to be considered for this role. Any applications emailed directly to the hiring manager will not be considered.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click on the “Apply” button below to submit your application.
Applications close: Wednesday 27th October 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment, form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.