- Contribute to Sydney Water’s technology delivery of IoT-related projects
- Develop configuration setups for devices and use cases on IoT platforms
- Facilitate discussion & drive outcomes in Sydney Water’s IoT Technical Support Groups
- Parramatta location, close to transport, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
IoT is a core aspect of Sydney Water’s digital transformation strategy, with key business projects already demonstrating its value to the organisation and to our customers. As technology develops, IoT will continue to create significant benefits across all aspects of Sydney Water’s business operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for technology to help drive the direction and benefits of IoT in Sydney Water. The IoT Technical Analyst will responsible for the technical design, development, system maintenance and operation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices, networks and IoT platform services across all application scenarios of IoT in Sydney Water, such as Networks applications, Digital Metering and Asset maintenance initiatives, ensuring all technical solutions are fit for purpose, meet business needs, and align to all digital frameworks. The IoT Technical Analyst will also provide technical support and guidance to Sydney Water’s IoT Technical Support groups.
Your duties will involve:
- Assisting with the development of Sydney Water technical IoT frameworks and standards
- Providing detailed consulting advice and assistance to clients and contractors on technical aspects of IoT.
- Contributing to technical projects including design, planning and delivery of operational technology, testing, site audit, and commissioning and perform compliance checks of IoT systems. Projects will include incorporation of CCTV, Drones, Digital Engineering, Digital Twins, SCADA, Asset Management and Customer data.
- Development of configuration setups for devices and use cases on IoT platforms including graphical interface, scripts, alarm handling, data interfaces, device and data points
- Performing compliance checks of IoT systems
This role will suit someone who has a passion for technology, who keeps up to date with rapidly changing technological advancements in the IoT space. You enjoy articulating the benefits of IoT to key business stakeholders in a manner that drives enthusiasm for the benefits IoT can provide, and which enables stakeholders to clearly see value in the technology. A key deliverable of this role will be to engage with multiple IoT Technical Support Groups across the business and deliver outcomes which support the successful design, development and implementation of IoT solutions and to achieve organisational objectives.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in either Mechatronics, Software Development, and/or Robotic or Control Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, review, functional testing & commissioning of Operation Technology systems for water, recycled and wastewater systems.
- Proven ability in design, development, review and problem solving of software & hardware for Operational Technology systems using industry-standard programming languages, HMI configuration, general software development and interface tools.
- Proven ability in design, operation and maintenance of IoT or process control SCADA or telemetry systems. Working knowledge of operation water and wastewater systems relating to treatment plants.
- Working knowledge of Low Power Wide Area Networks LPWAN (such as NB-IoT, LoRaWan) and protocols (such as MQTT, LWM2M).
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of new technology to improve water and wastewater asset performance.
Closing date: Tuesday 26th January 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.