- Take Management accountability for Sydney Water’s Major Projects Contract Management team
- Be accountable for contract and commercial matters of Major Projects.
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s infrastructure delivery requirements are expanding to meet the needs of the Greater Sydney Region. These large-scale, complex programs require exceptional people to help ensure the successful delivery of a significant, high-profile capital works program. You can view further information on Sydney Water's Major Projects 2021 - 2026 via this link.
The Senior Contract Manager is a leadership role. You will directly lead a team of five Major Project Contract Managers, as well as a number of indirect reports, and manage resource planning and allocate resources in consideration of complexity and lifecycle of Major Projects, taking accountability for contract and commercial mattes within the Major Projects space.
You will lead the development and management of commercial agreement for Major Projects that balance a range of objectives (value for money, on time delivery, risk management, sound process and efficiency). To do this, you will work closely with Major Projects team and rest of business to ensure Major Projects deliver their intended benefits and key business priorities are met while compliance and governance requirements adhered to.
- Have leadership accountability of Major Projects contract and commercial management, including acting as a single point of contact for commercial and contract requirements within Major Projects.
- Manage contract development for Major Projects during transaction period, oversight on commercial work stream during Major Projects transactions
- Manage key stakeholder relationships within Major Projects
- Lead commercial/contract negotiation prior signing the contract,
- Lead commercial outcome of Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) process,
- Lead activities in Contract variations, administration, and dispute management
- Lead activities in Contract governance
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives of procurement and contract management processes, systems, tools, templates and ways of working, with business partner input and consultation where required.
You will have a strong background in the management and leadership of diverse teams, coupled with exceptional stakeholder management skills of both internal and external stakeholders. An effective communicator, you are comfortable engaging with a wide audience, including C-suite executives, and can influence and negotiate when required.
You have a strong understanding of high-value high-risk construction and infrastructure projects, and you are familiar with Construction Law.
You must have:
- A relevant degree qualification (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Construction Law, Engineering, Business) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional MRICS or equivalent qualification
- At least 15 years’ contract and commercial management leadership experience in construction and infrastructure projects in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector with at least 3 years in a leadership role,
- Relevant work experience for Tier 1 contractors in addition to client-side
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with the business in effective contract and commercial management strategies.
Application closing date: Friday 1st October 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.