- Entry level opportunities for maintenance production employees!
- Work across multiple Sydney Water locations!
- Competitive base salary with excellent penalty rates
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities. We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Networks Maintenance Delivery unit has depots in several locations throughout Sydney to provide the best 24/7 service to our customers. We are looking for production workers to provide maintenance repairs, operational duties and deliver the best customer service in performing your tasks.
- Maintenance and repair of water and sewer mains, surface fittings including hydrants, valves, access chambers etc.
- Minor adjustments to water and sewer mains
- Assisting with environmental clean-ups and clearing sewer chokes
- Providing exceptional customer service
- This role requires to work in a shift roster including: afternoon shifts , night shifts, rostered standby, weekend patrol, continuous overtime and being available for emergency work as required.
You understand that safety is our number one priority and you show resilience towards our customers and your team. Preferably you have a trade certificate, experience in network maintenance and/or experience with identifying and troubleshooting issues.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- A current white card and experience in a labouring or trades environment
- A driver’s license – driving record to be produced if selected for interview
- MR driver’s license, or willing to obtain one shortly
- Confined Space ticket, or the ability to obtain during training
- Ability to use a mobile computer tablet and smartphone technologies
- Excellent communication skills via phone and face to face customer service
- Availability to work a rotating roster
Closing Date: Sunday 20th June 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.