- Provide high level administrative and executive support
- Permanent Full Time Role – 35-hour week
At Sydney Water, we achieve together, through our diverse skills, mindsets, and backgrounds, we help ensure Sydney remains one of the most iconic and liveable cities in the world.
Together, we work to design solutions for our growing cities and create a better life through world-class water services. We’re looking for people who are passionate about working together to drive innovation, sustainability, and exceptional customer experiences.
About the role
The Executive Assistant is required to provide high level, proactive and timely executive support to the General Manager of Finance and Business Performance. In this role you will have the opportunity to work across various Sydney Water sites and provide support to the broader Finance Leadership team. Some of your key responsibilities include.
- Drafting and preparation of complex documentation such as Board packs, business cases and communications on behalf of the General Manager
- Manage work schedules and all aspects associated with it, including diary management and organisation of meetings and relevant papers.
- ·Arrange travel and coordination of GM attendance at business meetings off site as required.
- Coordinating inputs to meetings including all hands, team, Executive, Board and Board committees
- Coordinate calendars regarding board actions, papers and committies, follow up on required actions.
- Establish agendas and record actions of GM leadership meetings.
- Use communication, technology platforms and event coordination skills to coordinate multiple stakeholders and suppliers to ensure seamless execution of communications, campaigns and general events and activities including sourcing speakers, arranging invites, collation of papers, formatting speech notes, preparation of slides.
If you enjoy operating at an executive level and thrive in complex organisation this role could be a fit for you. To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Solid Executive Assistant experience at a senior level in an executive environment
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office, diary management, HR liaison, travel, corporate correspondence
- Proven clear thinker, well organized, level-headed, solution oriented
- Self-starter, efficient, productive, works well with a team
- Be tech savvy and can work autonomously
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Management or Business Administration and/or equivalent level of skills and knowledge gained from practical experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and respond to enquiries including contentious and emotive issues at a senior level in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Ability to build public profiles and networks with sound negotiation, interpersonal skills.
Base location is our Parramatta Sydney Water offices, but you may be required to work from our other sites as needed
Closing date: Thursday 21st October 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
As part of the recruitment process we ask you to upload your current resume and cover letter, please note your cover letter should address the About You section of this advertising text providing demonstrated examples of your soft skills
Cover letter is to be no longer than three (2) single sided pages
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex, or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.