Workplace Relations Specialist
- Competitive Salary Package – ICE1
- Full-time permanent role
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
- Excellent benefits
About the Organisation
At Sydney Water we value our customers, our culture, and our performance. Our vision is to create a better life with world-class water services. We value and protect the environment of Greater Sydney and its surrounds and we are committed to the health and safety of our employees and our community.
Sydney Water supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages people of all ages and backgrounds to apply.
Provide specialist employee relations expertise and case manage complex queries and dispute case work across the portfolio. To support in the delivery of the workplace relations roadmap.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Contribute to the implementation of the Workplace Relations roadmap.
- Contribute to the Enterprise Agreement negotiations.
- Manage complex employee relations matters and disputes to reduce the impact and costs to Sydney Water.
- Interpret agreements and industrial legislation to ensure compliance and risk mitigation.
- Support the improvement of the organisations employment relations policies and procedures.
- Provide advice on employment contracts and on employment law
- Provide people advice on complex outsourcing, insourcing and people change impacts
- Contribute to Workplace Relations roadmap to minimise disruption, drive cost savings, increase engagement and reduce legal risk.
- Support with the Introduction of best practice employee relations principles into Sydney Water via a robust WR roadmap
- Actively streamline employment policy and procedures to drive efficiencies for the organisation
- Role requires a multi-faceted approach (taking into consideration legal precedent, risk and organisation’s readiness) to providing ER advice tailored to the leader’s capability
Knowledge Skills/ Experience
- Degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Employment Relations, Law, or Commerce.
- 7 years plus HR experience of which 2 years must be in industrial/employment relations.
- Knowledge and experience in interpreting, advising and applying employment legislation and managing associated risks.
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Experience in dealing with complex and sensitive employee relations.
- Experience in the Fair Work Australia and proven ability to negotiate on industrial relations matters.
*Please refer to the job description for the full list of knowledge/skills and experience*
Please note that your application will be assessed against the job requirements of this position as listed in the attached position description. Please ensure that your cover letter and resume outline your ability to meet these job requirements.
You must apply online to be considered for this role. Any applications emailed directly to the hiring manager will not be considered.
If this sounds like the role for you, please click on the “Apply” button below to submit your application.
Applications close: Sunday 31st October 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment, form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.