- Job no: K4D9X
- Categories: Customer Delivery, Work Program & Optm
- Ensure the delivery of operational and maintenance productivity, safety and relationship management throughout the team, whist fostering a high-performance culture and meeting customer expectations. The role will enhance Sydney Water’s corporate reputation and build trust with our customers, regulators and stakeholders by providing:
- active incident management support for response to environmental harm
- planning, packaging and dispatch of Corrective / Preventative / Operational / Customer Requested work and resource planning to support Regional O&M and Specialised Services delivery teams
- planning, packaging and dispatch of low priority Breakdown related work and adjusting resource plan on the day of operation to support Customer Hub
- planning, packaging and dispatch of Preventative work to support delivery of the Environment Improvement Program (EIP)
- Prestons / Ryde / Daceyville
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
As a Level 5 Manager, the role will:
- Develop and lead an effective team (people, processes, technology, information and data)
- Provide leadership and line management to direct reports
- Be a key leader in the business, drawing from their wealth of experience, strategic thinking and whole of business focus
- Full manager accountabilities for direct reports; assign and monitor work, review and complete CDPs.
- Provide feedback, performance management and conduct Performance Reviews for staff.
- Ensure timely and effective communication of all relevant information to the team.
- Play a key role within the Integrated Work Programs Team to develop meaningful strategies that integrate across Customer Delivery and the broader Sydney Water business.
- Work collaboratively across the business to deliver strategic outcomes
- Manage staff wellbeing and business efficiency in a high workflow environment
- Manage transformational change programs, champions change and supports staff through change
- Foster a high-performance culture through role clarity and contribution, feedback and transformational leadership practices
- Champion safety and wellness and ensures team members understand their safety accountabilities and wellness support programs
To be successful for this role you have:
- A tertiary qualification in engineering/ business or experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in utility network operations and maintenance/renewal, or experience deemed equivalent
- Highly developed oral & written communication skills & proven ability to communicate at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and possess strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build effective business relationships
- Demonstrated application of commercial thinking to drive efficiencies.
- Ability to apply Total Quality Management principles and systems in the project management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex customer/regulator/stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated leadership in a team environment, the ability to mentor and develop teams, and operate effectively as part of a wider management team
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence a dispersed customer facing field-based workforce to meet service standards and achieve excellence in customer service to a large customer base
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff
- Ability to lead in a commercial environment
- Ability to be flexible in managing work and resources
- Demonstrated experience in emergency and incident management, including the ability to be contactable 24/7 and be available to lead incident response, or experience deemed equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in building effective business and stakeholder relationships including experience in influencing senior management and stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level ability to communicate with impact using highly developed written & verbal communication skills
Refer to the position description (attached) for the full accountabilities of the role.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact SANDY.SAHOO@sydneywater.com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closes in 3 days - 26 Jan 2021
- Published on 13 Jan 2021, 10:32 PM