- Job no: JYNDB
- Category: Asset Lifecycle, Major Project Delivery
- Assist in the delivery of high risk/complexity capital infrastructure projects
- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Permanent role; Parramatta base, flexible/hybrid work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s Major Projects team has been established to meet the needs of the organisation’s ever-expanding infrastructure delivery requirements, delivering large-scale, complex water and wastewater capital works projects across Greater Sydney over the next ten years.
As a Project Manager - Major Projects you will assist in managing the delivery of predominantly medium to high risk/complexity projects to plan in conjunction with a Lead Project Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Assisting in the successful delivery of predominantly medium to high risk/ complexity projects within the region from initiation through to close out and handover in accordance with NEC4 processes and within Major Projects project delivery framework.
- Actively drive collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams in Sydney Water and the Supply Chain to ensure consistency, accuracy and efficiency in project delivery, and cost and risk management across allocated projects.
- Contributing to the development of the Program, and project manage NEC4 based contracts in any of the following areas – professional services, design and construction works ( >$50m in project value)
- With direction from the Lead Project Manager, ensure Project Plans include clear targets, objectives, Key Performance Indicators, scope of work and deliverables which reflect the agreement between Sydney Water and the Supply Chain.
- Assisting in ensuring project risks are effectively identified, mitigated and managed, including the proactive management of the early warning process, both in receiving notification from the delivery partners in our supply chain or issuing notification as the situation requires, in order to effective manage any matters that could impact the delivery of the project in scope, on-time and within budget.
- Assisting in stakeholder management (including supply chain delivery partners, Community Engagement and Communications, and other internal and external project stakeholders) to foster a spirit of trust and collaboration/cooperation , and address early warnings, changes to the program and compensation events, and broader safety, environment, quality and constructability compliance matters.
- This role has the responsibility to notify the Lead Project Manager where appropriate to stop all construction work in the event of an imminent threat to safety, environment or quality. The Project Director must be notified immediately in such events.
You are a confident communication and a natural influencer who has experience working in complex project environments, preferably within large-scale capital works projects. You have a strong delivery focus, with an emphasis on safety and managing business risks. You are adept at developing strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Degree qualification in Project Management, Engineering, Construction Management Business Management or related field or experience deemed equivalent
- Proven project management experience, leading or supporting the delivery of large and multi-faceted projects
- Minimum 5+ years industry experience
- Experience working in a large, multi-disciplinary integrated teams and/or alliances
- Experience in design and construction project delivery within the infrastructure/utilities sectors
- Experience in NEC contract management and administration desirable
Closing Date: Tuesday 16th August 2022
Please see the position description for the role's full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 3 days ago - 16 Aug 2022