Senior Materials Engineer
- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Identify emerging products and technology relevant to water industries
- Full time permanent role located at out HO in Parramatta
- Flexible working options
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role:
Reporting to the Specialist Engineering Manager in Engineering and Technical Support, this role will provide advice to wider Sydney Water as the Subject Matter Expert in Materials Engineering, in Durability aspects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Specifying materials selection and specification for corrosion prevention and mitigation
- Preparation and management of standards, specifications, and processes i.e. inspection processes
- Developing repair methodologies and specifications to extend the remaining service life existing assets
- Contribute to research and development of new products and materials
- Peer review of design documentation for asset rehabilitation
- Undertake corrosion investigations and failure analysis of materials and protective coatings
- Undertake or specify non-destructive and destructive testing of materials
- Conducting on site civil/structural condition investigations of water infrastructure assets
- Working closely with civil and structural engineers, and scientists within the team on the above
Skills & Qualification
- Degree in materials or civil or other relevant engineering discipline
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in water, wastewater sector
- Knowledge and experience with destructive and non-destructive testing
- Preferably CPEng or on the way to achieving it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support inter-disciplinary and asset owner, production of specialist reports.
- A desire to work with a wide range of internal stakeholders in a senior technical support and subject matter expert capacity
- Solution focused with the ability to find a way to make things better.
- You stand up and contribute by challenging the norm and sharing your knowledge and offering opinions respectfully
- You do what you say with integrity, transparency and trust.
- You support and encourage by actively listening, identify and acknowledge others’ strengths and skills.
- You own the outcome by owning your role, understand the impact and how it contributes to the cooperate strategy of the organisation.
- Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 25 May, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can Contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.