- Lead Cost Estimator required for high profile capital infrastructure program
- Support the Program Delivery team and the 3 Regional Delivery Consortia
- Chatswood location, close to transport, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future. We see the world is changing and we are changing too. The surging population of Sydney is putting pressure on our natural resources, housing and infrastructure. In just 15 years, we can expect an extra 2.71 million people and over 570,000 new homes.
To enable this growth, we are commencing one of Australia’s biggest water programs. This is being implemented through the most dynamic delivery framework of our generation - Partnering for Success (P4S).
Our infrastructure capital program has already transformed and been recognised for excellence in delivery. That evolution is continuing through P4S. Technology enabled and enhanced processes, coupled with long term partnering contracts, are building a delivery platform for the future. We are improving collaboration and integration across the value chain, promoting innovation and flexibility to achieve outcomes that our customers value.
Long term stability brings a pathway for future talent to join the team. Promoting partnerships across the value chain aims to build an environment where change and innovation can thrive, in a safe, open, inclusive and diverse workplace. Our commercial agreements are adapting to support this change. In an Australian first, Sydney Water is adopting the NEC4 form of contract. This suite of contracts brings plain English and a collaborative way of working right up front in the relationship with suppliers, contractors and consultants. Particularly for project and maintenance works, this is a new way of working and doing business for Sydney Water and the supply chain.
We are building a legacy for the future. There is no better time than now to join Sydney Water!
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Cost Estimator to join Sydney Water and lead the estimating function to deliver a large capital works portfolio.
Supporting Sydney Water’s Program Delivery team, and located in Sydney Water’s Regional Delivery Consortia in Chatswood, this role will manage two Cost Estimators and provide support to the Centralised Estimating Manager in enabling the successful operation of the P4S Model across all regions.
- Manage & lead regional integrated teams of estimators to deliver estimating support to the delivery of capital projects and operational maintenance works.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality and accurate information to establish project budgets and funding expectations with respect to the projected financial outcome of projects under the NEC4 Target Cost delivery mechanism
- Have the ability and willingness to travel across Greater Sydney for the purpose of undertaking site visits
- Be proficient with computer generated Estimation and measurement software.
- Provide monthly/ quarterly/ ad hoc reporting as required by key project stakeholders.
- Undertake sufficiently detailed and meaningful identification and analysis of risks.
You will have hands on experience in estimating large scale infrastructure projects at a portfolio level, and have a demonstrated background in managing a Cost Estimating team. A confident communicator and a natural influencer, you are able to make a team perform, and develop and leverage relationships across a broad internal and external stakeholder network. Keeping safety, public health and environment at the front of mind will be an inherent leadership trait.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience as an estimator in the construction field
- RICS/AIQS Accreditation desirable
- Experience in the water industry or other highly regulated industry under strict HS&E codes would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative Schedule Risk Assessment
- Experience using Primavera Risk, @ Risk, or Acumen Risk software
- Demonstrable experience of construction site working and construction logistics.
- Expereince working within an NEC3 or NEC4 project framework
- Experience in delivering major projects and knowledge of INSW governance and gateways
- Power BI experience
Closing date: Friday 17th September 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.