- Job no: JRNNM
- Categories: Business Development, City Growth and Development
- Support and develop City Growth and Development’s intelligence reporting environment and reporting functions
- 12 months Fixed Term role, based in Parramatta
- $110,377 + super + leave loading per annum
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Information and Data Lead, in this role you will support and develop City Growth and Development’s intelligence reporting environment and reporting functions.
- Provide management / support for ad-hoc enquiries (query, data, report generation) as required
- Report trouble shooting and issue remediation accountability
- Provides design support and lifecycle management for the development of business intelligence reports
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
- Generate reports for internal and external customers for business performance monitoring and business decision making.
- Report data quality verification
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at BI queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong project and time management skills including organisation, planning, and execution.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including formal presentation skills for all levels.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of management, Sydney Water business partners, and external industry stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages and Business Intelligence tools, especially Power BI platform (desktop, service and query)
- Experience with data relating to customer management, business operational performance and improvement, development industry
- Experience in BI Analytics and Data warehouse methodologies
- Experience in presenting data and information in visual forms to enable the business (e.g. spatially, dashboards, tables and graphs)
- Experience working with information consumers to realise outcomes and benefits
- MS Excel: Intermediate level, knowledge of pivot tables, functions such as vlookup etc.
- MS Access: Intermediate level
- SQL experience: Intermediate – Advanced
- Data modelling
- Power BI and Power Platform – interest and awareness in product development and communities
Application Closing date: Sunday, 7 March 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closes in 7 days - 07 Mar 2021
- Published on 22 Feb 2021, 8:51 AM