- Ensure efficient management of operational related programs and key business activities
- One Permanent position available in the Wastewater Network Programs Team within the Work Programming and Optimisation business
- Potts Hill location (with Flexible Working Arrangements)
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This role will focus on the sewer network Corrosion and Odour (C&O) Program within the Wastewater Operational Programs Team within the Work Programming and Optimisation Business.
- Assist in the development of wastewater odour and corrosion programs to improve the sewer network performance / asset life and minimise odour issues.
- Comply with relevant Operating Licence, Customer Contract and other regulatory requirements including EPA & Department of Health (where relevant).
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to:
o Implement and further develop the Corrosion & Odour strategy and policies.
o Optimise chemical use to achieve H2S targets in line with strategy objectives.
o Develop / modify standards associated with Chemical Dosing units (CDU’s), odour control units (OCU’s) and ventilation assets / components.
o Implement contracts and manage supply chain risks associated with chemicals used for wastewater network corrosion and odour control.
o Investigate and respond to customer complaints, EPA and ministerial enquiries.
- Analyse and assess asset configuration to identify issues and develop cost effective solutions.
- Provide system, asset &/or product input into asset planning, renewals processes and asset management policies / strategies related to C&O in sewer networks.
- Participate in improvement of reliability, maintainability and safety of Sydney Water’s odour and corrosion mitigation assets across its area of operations.
- Ensure information systems are updated and accuracy maintained as it relates to odour and corrosion related assets and results.
- Knowledge and experience in wastewater chemistry and network chemical dosing for C&O control such as calcium nitrate, ferrous / ferric chloride, magnesium hydroxide and hydrogen peroxide.
- Practical experience with H2S or other gas monitoring and air flow measurement.
- Understanding of SCADA/telemetry and asset data management systems e.g. Maximo.
- Experience in time series data analysis and technical report writing.
- A tertiary qualification in engineering or a related discipline and/or proven experience in operations, maintenance/renewals, system planning, asset management or treatment/quality aspects of water &/or recycled water &/or wastewater &/or stormwater systems
- Well developed problem solving, lateral thinking, communication, interpersonal and negoatiating skills
- Well developed skills in dealing with customer, stakeholder & regulator issues
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in product quality processes &/or operating assests &/or systems for the delivery of water &/or recycled water &/or stormwater product and services that meet customer and stakeholder expectations
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience within nominated focus area/s or technical specialisation/expertise
- Experience in the measurement, analysis and evaluation of water &/or recycled water &/or wastewater &/or stormwater systems performance and the ability to develop strategies & work programs to improve performance
- Demonstrated success in working with internal & external service delivery partners to achieve common goals
- Demonstrated self motivation and willingness to accept challenges and deliver assigned projects as part of a team or as an indvidual
- Knowledge of the appropriate Regulatory requirements
- A solid understanding of the application of computerised system &/or maintenance &/or process management systems
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems relevant to water &/or recycled water &/or wastewater &/or stormwater systems
- Advanced communication skills (verbal & written) and personal qualities (innivation, motivation, self confidence and tact) including ability to translate technical outcomes to operational needs
- You must have a current driving licence or can obtain one immediately
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours, either from home, office or in the field as required
- Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Closing date: Sunday 24th October 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
As part of the application process, Sydney Water will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role. We will also use your personal information to establish a LiveHire talent profile in our Talent Community. We look