- Various sites in the Sydney Water network
- Fulltime permanent opportunity offering competitive salary plus superannuation
- Coordination of materials and repairs ensuring availability that meets business requirements
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers, developers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Warehouse and Logistics Manager, you will play a key role in the coordination of warehousing activities and support the day to day operation of the Warehouse and Depot Facilities.
Your responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Unpack, count, weigh and sort materials received to ensure delivery is correct
- Inspect items and communicate information about damaged or incorrect goods and report overages and shortages
- Maintain computerise stock inventory and keep material secure, organised and clean and perform general housekeeping
- Maintaining depot and warehouse facilities to ensure accuracy of material levels
- Conduct induction of contractors to if required, in line to safety requirements
- Be constantly aware of WH&S issues and ensure all WHS&E policies and procedures are being followed.
This role will suit a team member with 3-5 years logistics and warehousing experience as a warehouse all-round and the physical ability to support manual handling and repetitive lifting tasks as well as operating machinery.
To be considered for the this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Current Forklift and experience using both counterbalance and hi reach vehicles.
- MR Licence
- Inbound and outbound material movement within the Warehouse network and with suppliers
- Significant experience in a Warehousing, Logistics or Supply Chain environment
- Willingness and ability to work outside normal hours, as required
- SAP experience is highly advantageous
- C2 Crane or up and Dogman tickets are desirable
Applications close Sunday 28th November 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact recruitment@sydneywater. com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.