- Deliver the optimal balance of operational, commercial, safety, environmental and regulatory outcomes, risks and opportunities for critical operational projects and contracts in Sydney Water.
- Role model Sydney Water values and behaviours and create a constructive and supportive working environment.
- Competitive renumeration and bonuses located in Potts Hill
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
About the role
Reporting to the Recovered Resources Contracts Manager the purpose of this role is to work with contracts such as major wastewater and recycled water treatment production facilities, supply of residuals management works to Sydney Water's treatment plants and other water treatment related facilities.
Servicing and providing leadership in the management of these contracts with a large focus on operational management and environmental safety:
- Manage operational interfaces between contractors and internal business units to make effective operational and technical decisions that balance commercial and regulatory outcomes and risks.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as private contractors
- Lead commercial analysis of options and decisions in the light of regulatory requirements and operational outcomes.
- Monitor and manage contractor performance against KPIs and contractual requirements
- Coordinate and conduct audits and site safety inspections for environment, performance, and quality parameters on a risk-based frequency.
- Effectively respond to incidents as Site Manager or Incident Controller, as defined in Sydney Water’s Emergency Management System, as required.
- Provide technical assistance in the development, negotiation and establishment of contracts
- Lead safety attitudes and behaviours as well as the implementation of safety systems and procedures.
This role will suit a team member who is well experienced and understands operational settings, in particular production environments having the ability to communicate successfully with stakeholders across varying levels of the organisation:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, science, commerce, or law
- Current valid Class C driver license is mandatory
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Operational experience in the water industry or production environments.
- Experience in incident management and conflict resolution.
- Experience in complex and varied data analysis and presentation
- Capacity to respond to out of hours incident management on occasion
- Understanding of compliance, probity and audit requirements and how they relate to commercial contracts.
Closing date: Thursday 6th May 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.