- Manage contracts on large-scale, complex infrastructure programme of work
- Engage with multiple business units to ensure the successful delivery of Major Projects
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s infrastructure delivery requirements are expanding to meet the needs of the Greater Sydney Region. These large-scale, complex programs require exceptional people to help ensure the successful delivery of a significant, high-profile capital works program. You can view further information on Sydney Water's Major Projects 2021 - 2026 via this link.
Reporting to the Major Projects Contract Manager, you will be accountable for contributing to the development and managing of contracts with suppliers of goods and services. You will support the drafting and finalisation of Contract Management Plans and oversee contractor issues as required.
Key to this role is your ability to manage contract variation and administration, the governance of contracts, contract termination and extension, as well as the continuous improvement of procurement processes.
This role will see you work closely with the Sydney Water Major Projects team and broader business to ensure the Major Projects deliver their intended benefits while adhering to compliance and governance requirements.
- Assist with drafting, finalise, and seek approval on Contract Management Plans including meeting cadence and detail
- Oversee and resolve contractor issues as required
- Manage pricing reviews and contract re-negotiation, attending or leading scheduled performance reviews, resolving supplier performance matters and incidents, participation in supplier management and development forums and preparation of recommendations for contract review
- Manage monthly reporting for allocated Major Projects
- Identify, record and escalate contract risks and issues in risk register
- Provide support as required on performance reports and KPI reporting
- Provide strategies for dealing with contractual issues and variations as they are raised, and consult with Legal, insurance and compliance and Project Control to prepare the necessary documentation.
You will have prior experience as a contract management officer in high-value, complex infrastructure construction programmes, and have demonstrated experience in contract operations, contract variations and administration, and overall contract governance. You enjoy working in a team environment and sharing your expertise with your colleagues. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to analyse information and identify potential risks and issues.
You must have:
- A relevant degree qualification (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Construction Law, Engineering, Business) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional MRICs or equivalent qualification
- 7+ years’ contract and commercial management experience in construction and infrastructure projects in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector,
- Relevant work experience for Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractors in addition to client side,
- Strong understanding of construction transaction and delivery models and INSW Gate system and reviews
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with the business in effective contract and commercial management
Application closing date: Friday 1st October 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.